Removing cardboard from Fiberglass

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
What is the best way to remove the cardboard tube after fiberglassing it so I could make another?

Did you use a release medium between the fiberglass layer and the cardboard tube? If you didn't soaking the assembly in water may be the easy (and only) way to get the cardboard tube out.

If you used a release meduim like teflon or polyethylene sheeting between the layers, you may be able to warm the tube with a hair dryer and slide the cardboard out. You could try pushing it out with a tube of the same diameter.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Yep... Saw that on the DIscovery channel show. Next time you could experiment with a mold release agent. Spray it on the tube before glassing.

Would this be Mrs. Bowhunter's tube?

Some one told me that covering the tube with wax paper would work I was wondering if anyone has done this or not? by the way NO its not the mrs its mine its a very large dia. tube but dont ask to many questions because its a suprize for everyone here a BIG BIG superize

I havnt done any thing to the tube yet Im just getting some information before I start so I really apreciate any tips

Back