Remove Before Flight Switch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone sell a complete "Remove Before Flight Switch"?

I was thinking of something that a rod goes into and holds the switch open. When you remove the rod, the switch closes.

It would be ideal to have a complete assembly with the micro switch built in to the part that the rod slides into.

Does something like this exist? Or do you have to make your own?

I'm just stumbling across this post, but figured this is likely what you are looking to use. A roller switch you can mount in such a way that allows you to use a long pin you remove before flight to turn on your electronics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230212_101008_McMaster.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212_101008_McMaster.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 0
I'm just stumbling across this post, but figured this is likely what you are looking to use. A roller switch you can mount in such a way that allows you to use a long pin you remove before flight to turn on your electronics.
If you're going to hang a mass at the end of the lever, best not to have the actuation direction parallel to the flight direction if a high G flight is in the plans.
Rotating the switch to a lever position perpendicular to the direction of flight will avoid this issue.

John

Back