I kinda copied this, but this is my version. I used .030 aluminum. I may have used thinner, but thats what I had laying around. I used a drill for the center hole, and tin snips for the rest. I hit it with some coarse sandpaper to get the OD just under the motor size. I hammered a screw into the tab for a hole, I didn't have a drill bit that small. It weighs in at barely a half a gram. The notch fits around the motor hook, with room to spare. I have not had any issues with motor fitment, its just *alittle* more snug. Those of you that friction-fit, would obviously have no issues, but I'm still a 'hooker' :roll: I have already needed to 'use' this, when my rocket was retrieved from a tree, I needed to replace the shock cord...works mint! Hope you like it!