Remote Control Relay Launcher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeckey

Reaction score
I was a member of the old forum. It has been years since I posted, though I have occasionally stopped by to visit. I need some advice and I think this is a new question.

I have resurrected plans to build a custom launch controller, this time as wireless as possible. Electronics is not my strong suit. These are the specs of a wireless relay I found online:

Frequency: 315 or 433 MHz
Channel: 1 CH
Control Modes: Toggle, Latched, Momentary
Coding Type: Fixed code or Learning code
Coding Setting: By learning
Power Supply (Operating Voltage): DC12V±1V
Maximum Working Current: 20A
Maximum Power: 240W/12VDC

Does anyone see a problem with these specs that make it unsuitable for use for anything from low to mid power? I will set them to momentary and include a switch in the circuit that isolates the clips while attaching them. There is a matching security code for the remote and the receiver.

I have two possible plans. One involves a central relay box for three or four pads that includes a 12v 18ah battery that I already have, several relays and wire runs to each pad. The other involves making a small unit for each pad with a smaller battery and one relay. More expensive but less wire and kind of cool to just drop a box off at the pad and walk away. The price for the wireless relay itself is low enough that I likely couldn't build for the same money.

Thanks in advance.

The company producing the remote control relay sent me the attached diagrams. The one on the right doesn't look right to me. I admittedly don't know much about it. Can someone explain it for me?
Remote relay diagram.jpg

B and C are your application or relayed controlled leads. I am not sure if it would work, but it looks like ti should.

Thanks for the reply. It looks to me that the diagram on the left and the diagram on the right are completely different. I get the one on the left, that is how I believed that the circuit would look. The one on the right doesn't make any sense to me. Which one is correct, or are they used for different purposes?

Got it now. The written instructions are not by a native english speaker. After puzzling over it a bit I think I understand better.

Back