Reload

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good question. I haven't found anyplace that sells HPR reloads below MSRP, and some that are well above above that.

As for Aerotech Hobbyline reloads for the 18, 24, & 29mm cases, Hobbyline and Winkie's Toys and Hobby have the best prices I've found. Winkies seems to have a better on hand stock, but I've had great service from both.

That's a good question. I haven't found anyplace that sells HPR reloads below MSRP, and some that are well above above that.

As for Aerotech Hobbyline reloads for the 18, 24, & 29mm cases, Hobbyline and Winkie's Toys and Hobby have the best prices I've found. Winkies seems to have a better on hand stock, but I've had great service from both.

https://www.rocketryplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5885&highlight=wildman+40

Someone once told me that vendors of one manufacturer's motors agreed not to list price of motors on their websites as below MSRP. The vendor were free to sell at whatever price the vendor wanted, but the vendor just couldn't list those sale prices on their websites. Not sure if that is true or not.

That's a good question. I haven't found anyplace that sells HPR reloads below MSRP

Commonwealth Displays sells Aerotech below MSRP--Just contact Steve for a quote. He shows MSRP on his website--as per Aerotech.

No one has mentioned it yet but any place you mail order from will have shipping charges and/or depending on the loads purchased a Hazmat fee. This is a flat fee charged to all shipping companies by the DOT to ship hazardous materials. I try to buy all my reloads from local vendors. Saves on shipping costs and helps keep them coming out to the launches.

Remember cheapest doesn't always mean the best. Evaluate different factors before ordering. Example: I live in Washington state so mail ordering from an East Coast based company is probably not in my best interest. Sure, their reloads could be tad cheaper but I will pay for it in shipping fees and times. I can order from some California/Arizona vendors and have my motors in about half the time and ends up coming out even on total price.

No one has mentioned it yet but any place you mail order from will have shipping charges and/or depending on the loads purchased a Hazmat fee. This is a flat fee charged to all shipping companies by the DOT to ship hazardous materials. I try to buy all my reloads from local vendors. Saves on shipping costs and helps keep them coming out to the launches.

Remember cheapest doesn't always mean the best. Evaluate different factors before ordering. Example: I live in Washington state so mail ordering from an East Coast based company is probably not in my best interest. Sure, their reloads could be tad cheaper but I will pay for it in shipping fees and times. I can order from some California/Arizona vendors and have my motors in about half the time and ends up coming out even on total price.

You are absolutely correct about shipping and Hazmat fees. You definately have to shop around.
I also agree about buying from the local vendors so they keep coming back. I make it a point to buy something from them at every launch. I consider that part of the cost of going to a launch, like the launch fees. It's my way of saying thank you.

If you want them factory direct from areotech then
Valuerockets.com is the prace to go

For "G" and down Hobbylinc.com is hard to beat.For "H" and up I would say Als Hobby Shop,or become a Wildman Club member and buy from Wildman Hobbies.:y:

Latest posts

Back