Refinished NCR Viking

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenstarr

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about this new acquisition. I picked up this old NCR viking from Matt Steele at a UROC club launch this last Saturday really just for the tubes and parts but I couldn't bring myself to decommission it. I wish I had taken some before pics. It was outfitted with some launch lugs for maybe 3/8" rod so I swapped them out for buttons. I kept the original paint scheme but refreshed the green and orange as it was pretty beat. I upgraded the recovery system from worn elastic but I'll still keep it motor ejection. 20220322_213933.jpg
Enjoy.
Ken

looks really nice

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about this new acquisition. I picked up this old NCR viking from Matt Steele at a UROC club launch this last Saturday really just for the tubes and parts but I couldn't bring myself to decommission it. I wish I had taken some before pics. It was outfitted with some launch lugs for maybe 3/8" rod so I swapped them out for buttons. I kept the original paint scheme but refreshed the green and orange as it was pretty beat. I upgraded the recovery system from worn elastic but I'll still keep it motor ejection. View attachment 510724
Enjoy.
Ken

Back