Redundant Eggtimer Protons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlhatcher

Reaction score
Has anyone used two protons in the same setup? I'm not sure that's it possible with the WI-FI aspects and connecting to multiple units in the same bay.

Has anyone used two protons in the same setup? I'm not sure that's it possible with the WI-FI aspects and connecting to multiple units in the same bay.

You won't have any problem with that. You'll have to switch your phone/tablet between the different Proton wifi networks to arm it on the pad.

I run 2 Quantums and a Proton in a two stage rocket and have to switch between 3 networks to arm all of them. I follow a checklist to make sure I get it all right.

cheers - mark

Ok I am going to purchase some Eggtimer stuff and was wondering about this.... if all of the WiFi modules have the same address, I guess its only the SSID that lets you know which WiFi "network" you are "talking to"... Correct?
If that is the case. Can you change the name of the SSID. And or displayed device name?

It depends on the rocket but I don't see much advantage in running two Protons

Get some Quarks to run as backup

Custom SSID names is one of the most-requested features. It's not as easy as it sounds, but it will hopefully be in a 2021 update for all of the WiFi devices.

Back