Rediscovering kits I forgot I had

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Doing a bit of rearranging in the basement, and in the process I needed to move some boxes I'd just sent on a shelf. I was pretty sure they were rocketry related, but wasn't 100% positive, nor did I remember what was in them. So, what was the surprise inventory?

Tony Kosel 1/40 scale Little Joe II
Peter Alway Saturn V
Dr Zooch Vostok (partially built)
Semroc Mars Lander
Rokitflite Fake-Wulf
Rokitflite Odyssey

....I should build these.

-Kevin

Doing a bit of rearranging in the basement, and in the process I needed to move some boxes I'd just sent on a shelf. I was pretty sure they were rocketry related, but wasn't 100% positive, nor did I remember what was in them. So, what was the surprise inventory?

Tony Kosel 1/40 scale Little Joe II
Peter Alway Saturn V
Dr Zooch Vostok (partially built)
Semroc Mars Lander
Rokitflite Fake-Wulf
Rokitflite Odyssey

....I should build these.

-Kevin

Joe II and Mars lander

FakeWulf is an incredible flier and a real cloud pleaser as well.

I really should build mine one day as well (#50).

And that Estes SR-71.

My Dr Zooch kits.

Some of the dozen or so OOP glider kits.

And maybe some of the Fliskits stuff...

And the Semroc stuff... 🤔

I'll start on my next day off, currently projected to be June 24th 2030. 😆

Oh yeah. I've only got $40 left in my Venmo account. That's it. I hope to end up with an original and a 2X one of these days.

Yeah, I paid more for it than that. I can't let it go for that amount. I can, however, stuff it on a shelf if you think you'll be in a different position at some point in the future?

That's a nice set of surprise kits! Which one do you plan to build first? I missed out on the Odyssey, but someday will build my Fake Wulf!

That's a nice set of surprise kits! Which one do you plan to build first? I missed out on the Odyssey, but someday will build my Fake Wulf!

I'm toying with the Litle Joe II, to be honest.

I acquired the Odyssey and Fake Wulf relatively recently - found people that had them they were willing to sell.

-Kevin

I'm toying with the Litle Joe II, to be honest.

I acquired the Odyssey and Fake Wulf relatively recently - found people that had them they were willing to sell.

-Kevin
I had a Terry Kossel Little Joe II that I flew for years. Don't remember what happened to it. Mine was the first offering that had the styrene corrugation already glued one. There was a printed wrap for the command module. Fins were cut from balsa trailing edge stock and several resin parts. The tower was the toughest part of the build.

I had a Terry Kossel Little Joe II that I flew for years. Don't remember what happened to it. Mine was the first offering that had the styrene corrugation already glued one. There was a printed wrap for the command module. Fins were cut from balsa trailing edge stock and several resin parts. The tower was the toughest part of the build.
Yeah, that damn tower gave me fits!

Yeah, that damn tower gave me fits!

Escape towers can be an adventure!

When we build our big (24" dia) Redstone, it took three or four hours to get the angles right for the escape tower. And that was using a compound miter saw!

-Kevin

I have several unopened Estes Pro Series kits that I can't wait to build. Know I have at least 2 of the Leviathon and Partizon, and one MDRM with upgrades. I'm trying to get into storage and get all of them plus various other ones like my Aerotech G-Force, with many upgrades..

Back