RED GLARE VII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That suits me fine...works well with the Culpeper launch scheduled for the weekend of Oct.31st.

Thats what I was thinking. And it keeps me from being gone every single weekend in October.

Ben

I was at ESL 136 this weekend. Great launch. An anouncement was made that a date would be posted on the website probably some time by the end of the week.
If I undersyood corectly.

I was at ESL 136 this weekend. Great launch. An anouncement was made that a date would be posted on the website probably some time by the end of the week.
If I undersyood corectly.

Awesome, I'll be watching then.

One of my flights for RG7, A custom made by Performance Rocketry 6" THOR.

Height- 10.5 Feet
Weight- 40lbs (No Motor)
Motor- N3700WB WizardsBeard 13,062Ns, 98/13,000 Case.
Approx Alt- 12,000'

TestPhotos060.jpg

Last edited:
... been checking MDRA website thrice daily with no luck or update...sigh

It may sound small beans to others but I'm planning & excited to do a L1390G or L2290G on this upcoming launch.

Assuming you mean L2200, it's an awesome motor. Tossed my 35lb AMRAAM to >12k with seemingly no effort. It has an enormous flame too :D

Has anyone heard anything else yet? I'm assuming not, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'm trying to schedule some events and would hate to schedule something to overlap with Red Glare, if they even host one this year.

Also, got some interesting flights planned. I really hope I can make it to get them off the ground as the other club fields are too small to fly some of these projects.

Thanks,

As it looks right now RG7 won't be till Nov, MDRA just scheduled another launch at the Central Sod farm for Oct 17th & 18th so I'm "guessing" RG7 will be Nov 13-15.

Do you know what that means?

TURKEY LOFTING!!

Get out those Butter Ball's & start building!

JD

As it looks right now RG7 won't be till Nov, MDRA just scheduled another launch at the Central Sod farm for Oct 17th & 18th so I'm "guessing" RG7 will be Nov 13-15.

Yep, MDRA site not updated yet, but I got the e-mail also.

Tom

Hope I can make it!! Got a fireworks shoot on Saturday. Hoping to make it Sunday.

Ben

Woot!!
Anyone have the MDRA hotel discount code for Sleep Inn?

yes, just call in and tell them your with the rocketry group. the person I spoke with knew exactly what I was talking about. (410) 827-5555 is the number.

Hope this helps and I just called at 10:45pm et.

...Howard :)

Thanks Howard! Hope to see you and Ben, the girls and I will attend Friday and Saturday.
I booked it for Thursday & Friday nights.. Thursday night since we are coming from North Jersey. The front desk guy was VERY nice and gave me the discounted group rate for the Thursday night.

At the rate the weather is heading toward winter you might need to breakout the long johns and hand/feet warmers. We will be there unless we are snowed in.

How about a mass black cat launch?
Maybe that should be a black mass black cat launch...

add to that list, battery warmers.

I wish they put plugs on cars down here like they do cars/trucks and tractors in the midwest. When I go to my grandparents farm in Iowa my job was always run down to the Shed and make sure all the tractors and trucks are plugged in.

Ben

Back