RED GLARE VII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any rumors on when Red Glare 7 might be........

October ?????

My guess is third week in October. Not sure how crops is around MD (been a while) but crops are great in Iowa and Harvesting is going to come at the end of September.

Ben

That would be ok...

Culpeper has posted their fall launch for the weekend of October 31, so I hope we don't have a conflict.

My guess is third week in October. Not sure how crops is around MD (been a while) but crops are great in Iowa and Harvesting is going to come at the end of September.

Ben

Oh man I hope you're guessing right, my fingers are crossed for Oct 16th weekend. It's the only weekend in October that I have free.
Emailed Neil and he indicated they'll know soon but it's dependent on Tommy's crops.

Oh man I hope you're guessing right, my fingers are crossed for Oct 16th weekend. It's the only weekend in October that I have free.
Emailed Neil and he indicated they'll know soon but it's dependent on Tommy's crops.

within the next 2-3 weeks we should hear a date.

Ben

I am ready for Red Glare VII. I just got done casting 33 pounds of AP so I have a few motors to fly..:D

Reg Glare, My Favorite launch! From what I've heard its most likely going to be Oct (my Guess), RG6 was pushed back to Nov due to the crops but with all the rain we had early in the season it most likely pushed the crops along nicely, I'm guess? Oct 16-18.

Reg Glare, My Favorite launch! From what I've heard its most likely going to be Oct (my Guess), RG6 was pushed back to Nov due to the crops but with all the rain we had early in the season it most likely pushed the crops along nicely, I'm guess? Oct 16-18.

My thoughts exactly. I won't be able to make Friday this year due to a football game but I can't wait for Sat. and Sun.!!

Ben

Awww Man you have NO IDEA! LOL Its Gotta be announced soon though? MDRA has a club meeting on Sept 17th so maybe after that? I was hoping! to hear something B4! that though:D

... been checking MDRA website thrice daily with no luck or update...sigh

It may sound small beans to others but I'm planning & excited to do a L1390G or L2290G on this upcoming launch.

I flew an L1390G in my 7.5" Bullpup at NERRF5 in July, Very! nice motor, Also flew the Bullpup at LDRS28 with the M1500G, That baby kicks like a mule! :D
NERRF52009038-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Geeze Gary u had me there. Thought u added a sci fi "stick" to the nosecone of your Bullpup till I looked again.

Ben

Gee, Gary, thought you'd have the inside line....I know RG is your favorite launch :clap:

Hang tight Al.. I am certain it will go without a hitch....they will thank you profusley for all your efforts and give you three weeks off for such a great job

Right now it looks like I am gonna miss my first Red Glare.

I get to do this instead:

https://www.ynhh.org/cancer/why_ynhh/cancer_center.html

Opening in October, we in IT are ramping up to provision the facility.

Oh well, at least it is for a good cause.

Right now it looks like I am gonna miss my first Red Glare.

I get to do this instead:

https://www.ynhh.org/cancer/why_ynhh/cancer_center.html

Opening in October, we in IT are ramping up to provision the facility.

Oh well, at least it is for a good cause.

Like I told you on the phone, give me a bunch of your motors and I'll burn them for you and bring them back so you can enjoy cleaning them:roll::roll:

At least you'll get to enjoy some part of the launch!! j/k we'll miss ya buddy, but hey, being in construction myself......just never can tell about them deadlines.......

Ahhhh don't let him kid you he'll be there, But if not one thing we wont miss is them Yappin Mongrols :roll:

What is the latest word, October or November?

Took advatage of Wildman's sale and got some K1275's, range of J's, plus CTI's for the kids. Tim was out of the Kosdon & Aero L's :(:(,
Gary, you buy em all up? j/k
Hopefully Bernie can lend me a AMW 75-3500 motor if I buy the L-1060 GG relaod from him..

What is the latest word, October or November?

Took advatage of Wildman's sale and got some K1275's, range of J's, plus CTI's for the kids. Tim was out of the Kosdon & Aero L's :(:(,
Gary, you buy em all up? j/k
Hopefully Bernie can lend me a AMW 75-3500 motor if I buy the L-1060 GG relaod from him..

If not I have 2 or 3 3600 cases

Sounds like November. The rain we have gotten this year was great for growing but no drying out corn.

Ben

The real questions are:

When?

How many M motors will Gary burn? :clap:

rick

If not I have 2 or 3 3600 cases

Sounds like November. The rain we have gotten this year was great for growing but no drying out corn.

Ben

Ben, thats great, will those cases work with the AMW L loads? If so the use would be greatly appreciated.

The real questions are:

How many M motors will Gary burn? :clap:

rick

Exactly, one look at MDRA's club spec's and you'll see Gary burns almost as much AP as NASA ;)

Last edited:
Ben, thats great, will those cases work with the AMW L loads? If so the use would be greatly appreciated.

Yep. One is an AMW the other is an Ed Romani. I have the AMW stock nozzle and my custom nozzles.

Exactly, one look at MDRA's club spec's and you'll see Gary burns almost as much AP as NASA ;)

Gary's gonna get a run for his motors. My dad and I will be there with some new rockets and some BIG motors :bangbang: :)

Ben

Ben, Thanks. I look forward to seeing you and your dad at the launch.

Ben, Thanks. I look forward to seeing you and your dad at the launch.

Were gonna def. Be there in full force. Going to try and fit the N case in dads Nike Smoke :)

Then going for full O in the Sandhawk :D

Ben

I'm hoping for a time in late October, early November... I may actually be able to get a few of my rockets done I've been working on since mid August.

I'm hoping for a time in late October, early November... I may actually be able to get a few of my rockets done I've been working on since mid August.

I can tell you it will be early Nov. the weekend is not set though but it does not look as if they will be ready in Oct.

Ben

Last edited:
Back