RED GLARE VII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a mass black cat launch?
Maybe that should be a black mass black cat launch...
You do know black cats are composed of equal quantities of dark matter and dark energy, right? At least it holds true for Sweet P, our local "basement cat". (We have a "ceiling cat" too, named Opal.) ;)

Don't be too sure.... Back about 10 years ago it was 75 degrees in Nov down there, we were all in Tee shirts. They are predicting upper 60's & possible 70's for this week( I'm in Northern NJ). I can't remember what the weather was like leading up to that launch though.....

JD

At the rate the weather is heading toward winter you might need to breakout the long johns and hand/feet warmers. We will be there unless we are snowed in.

Don't be too sure.... Back about 10 years ago it was 75 degrees in Nov down there, we were all in Tee shirts. They are predicting upper 60's & possible 70's for this week( I'm in Northern NJ). I can't remember what the weather was like leading up to that launch though.....

JD
You are corect sir...

I redid my Cert Level 1 (after being out of the hobby for awhile) at an MDRA ESL (before they were called Red Glares).

It was a December day.

It was sunny, beautiful, and I was in a t shirt.

Then there was the time it was so cold, one November weekend, that that no one wanted to trot out to the pads because the wind chill hurt too much. Everyone was dressed like an eskimo.
One thing I remember from that weekend is a bunch of guys burning a big pile of propellent to keep warm....and Ken jumping over it.

Last edited:
My Planned flights for RG7:

1) 6" THOR, On an N3700WB (Wizards Beard)
2) 6" Mad Dog, On an M2600BD (Blue Diablo)
3) 5.5" VORLON, Scratch Build, On an AMW M1850GG
4) PR Arrow 4, On a KBA L2300G
5) Extreme Wildman, On an L1060GG
6) LOC Big Nuke 4, On a Central KBA K750W with (3) H97J's Air started 2 Sec after main burn out.

Maybe something smaller IF I have the time.:headbang:

Last edited:
I've re-submitted my L3 project, and I might bring my L2 rocket along as well; I've still got an I245G motor waiting to be flown. I'm really hoping it won't be too cold that weekend.

Say...what "big" project are you bringing...?

Just the usual... Buttercup. I need to get to work and expand my arsenal. Just haven't been feeling well enough to step back into the garage these past few months and crank out something.

Gary:

Do you need a special license or placarding on the van to drive that much propellant? Are you going to have room in the van for anything smaller? Seems like it will be full just with what you listed!

Just the usual... Buttercup. I need to get to work and expand my arsenal. Just haven't been feeling well enough to step back into the garage these past few months and crank out something.

The Honest John..

That'll do it.

Last edited:

Don't worry there should be some boxes showing up that will make you feel better ;) (that is if I get around the sending them :p )

Ben

...(that is if I get around the sending them :p )

And if he does not he will make the cardboard at the hotel Thursday night, fabricate the boxes on the field Friday, and ask you to drive him to Fed Ex to have them shipped for Saturday delivery to Tommy's place

And you thought we forgot...or were gonna let you live it down. No such luck.

:neener:

Last edited:
And if he does not he will make the cardboard at the hotel Thursday night, fabricate the boxes on the field Friday, and ask you to drive him to Fed Ex to have them shipped for Saturday delivery to Tommy's place

And you thought we forgot...or were gonna let you live it down. No such luck.

:neener:

haha that was a pretty good one :p Lets just say my project name for Red Glare is Black 5 1/2 ;)

Ben

Maybe you shouldn't jinx yourself....

Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. If I make it into rockets magazine twice so be it :p

This time Black 5 1/2 will have an even bigger motor in it so it should be fun :p

Ben

Oooohh, nice T-shirts. Everybody should get one. :D

TWRackers,
Ok, the rockets from Left to right, ... The Cow, Buttercup, Liberty Project, and what is the final one? Is that 'Shaken and Not Stirred'?

TWRackers,
Ok, the rockets from Left to right, ... The Cow, Buttercup, Liberty Project, and what is the final one? Is that 'Shaken and Not Stirred'?
Aurora Borealis. You haven't seen that one yet. ;)

Back