Red Glare Dreaming

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrarick

Wildman CT
Reaction score
Just heard about red glare 2021.
March 26-28
https://mdrocketry.org/red-glare/
Can't wait to get down there on Thursday before and help set up (if you're in the area, you might consider jumping in, it's a lot of fun)
good news! And both me and my son will have our shots (so you won't have to worry about catching distemper or COVID from us)

Not even sure what I'll fly
thinking about breaking out one of my AMW K1000 Skid to celebrate.

8 weeks, 4 days and counting!

The only sad thing is not having Tommy Higgs there.....

I would really like to make the trip as well. Dreaming of flying my first "K" motor...

I will probably drive up and make it. Gonna be a lot of driving for me but will be worth it. Plan on flying more of my EX motors in some new rockets. Also will have my little brother and will fly our Mini Higgs Farm rocket

I've missed out the last three years and there's no way anyone is keeping me away this year.

Hoping to have a new HP rocket ready but we'll have to see about blue tube availability and time.

I will only be there on Saturday this year. Started a new job and won't be taking Thursday or Friday off. :( But I have a Loki M3463 and Paranoid Andriod raring to go.

With just barely 3 weeks until the big event, I would of thought there would be more talk about Red Glare.

Does anyone know what vendors will be attending, and any big projects in the works?

I believe Performance Hobbies and Wildman will be there. Usually OneBadHawk also shows up, but not sure if Ted will be coming or not.

I'm warming up to attending Red Glare this month. If I go, I have a project with 1515 rail glides that needs a long rail and a stable launcher. It isn't heavy, just long.

I'd like to fly it off one of the hydraulic launcher, but not sure if they take 1515s. I think they do, but not sure.

Does anyone know for sure?

I believe all of the hydraulic launchers at the away cell are unistrut. I think they do have taller 1515 rails out there as well, but they are not hydraulic, just standard rails.

I'm going to try to be there; none of the fields that are closer to me are big enough for safe 1000+ feet flights (due to winds and ajoining tree areas).

Freddie:

Trey and I will be there if you need help with your project. Just give me a shout out.

After a minor hiccup the mighty AMW K1000 Skidmark is loaded. I'm gonna fly it in my Wildthang Extreme. Any other takers in a K1000 Skidmark Drag race in honor of Tommy Higgs? I know there's at least one more out there...

I would do a drag with you, but I am launching a memorial for my father-in-law who passed of cancer about 1.5 years ago. I couldn't do it sooner due to COVID. I think your idea is an awesome one!

No vacation days?
Unfortunately they've been scheduled for(hopefully) a visit from my overseas family later this year. A younger version of me would make the 5+ hour drive one way to spend a few hours at the field on Saturday. Although my USW local is in a contract battle with the company at the moment, could be on strike by next week🤞🤞🤞

I believe Performance Hobbies and Wildman will be there. Usually Onebadhawk also shows up, but not sure if Ted will be coming or not.

I'm going to be there for sure..
I sure am looking forward to this..
It's been way too long..
I just can't wait to be hanging out on the field with everybody watchin the flights and laughin and laughin..

See you all there..

Teddy

I'm going to be there for sure..
I sure am looking forward to this..
It's been way too long..
I just can't wait to be hanging out on the field with everybody watchin the flights and laughin and laughin..

See you all there..

Teddy

Will you be bringing some Loki stock or do I need to pre-order?

I'll be there usual time on Thursday. Setup crew certified! Come on out and have a little pre-fun! Honest, it's not all work. Plus we get first dibs on giving certain board members $hi* and a pick of parking spaces!

Back