Red Glare 8 (MDRA)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrgg... due to the snow I had a few days off to work on rockets (when not shoveling snow) and I made some headway on Scarto. After some intense measuring and aligning, I got it just right and epoxied the first fin in place. Not much epoxy, just enough to hold it until I can get the other fins in the right place. Well, had some friends over tonight and one of the kids knocked it over knocked the fin right off. :bangpan:

Now I have to start all over.

How is everyone else doing on their projects?

Stealth 54 rebuild progressing,,, after the small fire last week, working on the Stealth 76 too.

Tom

Umm yea, was 260ish, gonna retry at closer to 400.

400? thats one heck of a jump! My sparkies (only made about 3-4, about to change that) runs fine at 250-275. Mind Pming me the formula? interested in the difference.

Ben

Less than 3 months away and I've got the fingers crossed for good weather.

Besides my Buttercup, I've got 2 other projects in the works and will hopefully have their maiden flights at RG8.

The first is Black 5, the half scale. Actually it will be a .478 scale, but close enough. It will be 6' 9" tall with 5.5" diameter replica of my ill-fated fullscale that showered the earth with smoking chunks at LDRS. Progress will be detailed here: https://www.davdi.com/Black5_Half_Scale.html

My second and even more ambitious project is Scarto. Ken Allen just shipped the parts (just got off the phone with him) and will hopefully get started next week. It will be a 7.5 diameter ~15 foot tall rocket with a unique fin design. Hopefully it will fly straight. Depending on the final weight, the motor will be full M or a baby N. Progress for this will be detailed here: https://www.davdi.com/Scarto.html
scarto.png

So what are you bringing???

Should have;
90% Harpoon,
50% Smoke,
25% Smoke,
4" Amraam,
54mm Stealth,
76mm Stealth,
Gee-Hod,
Atomic Gee-hod, 2.2x upsized, 4" AF,
assorted Estes for the girls.

I guess I will need the big trailer.

Tom

Should have;
90% Harpoon,
50% Smoke,
25% Smoke,
4" Amraam,
54mm Stealth,
76mm Stealth,
Gee-Hod,
Atomic Gee-hod, 2.2x upsized, 4" AF,
assorted Estes for the girls.

I guess I will need the big trailer.

Tom

Knowing your history, bring some water buckets. :roll:

Knowing your history, bring some water buckets. :roll:

Oh sure,, one teeny tiny,,:roll: fire and I get labeled as some sort of pyro,, not that I am complaining,, I have been called worse.:neener:

Tom

So Tom,

What's the story on the Stealthrace?

Talked to Neil about it,,, dusk friday night. Saturday is out (some banquet or something like that:confused2:) Sunday,, have to break things down,, so Friday at dusk,,,

Tom

FYI, Only a couple of more days to save money by preregistering. On the 12th, the preregistering will stop at the discounted rate. After that it will be the full rate at the field.

Psssst... the raffle tickets are half off if you preregister. I shouldn't have said that because I bought 10 bucks worth, and now you are probably going to buy 20 bucks worth and win that super hot kit that I should have won.

Does anyone know how to register as a vendor for RG? K and S Rockets will be there. Not sure how much stuff we are bringing so if you are looking for something drop us a line so we can make sure we have it with.

WANTED: 2 6000ns cases to borrow. Do you have a Loki or AMW 6000 case that you won't be using the weekend of Red Glare? We're trying to get a cluster flight together and are looking to borrow. We don't need full motors, just cases -- we have all the internals. We're running a blue EX load in it that has been very proven and flown 3 times in this exact configuration. Obviously, if something happens, your case will be replaced. PM me if you can help out.

Thanks,
Todd Harrison

WANTED: 2 6000ns cases to borrow. Do you have a Loki or AMW 6000 case that you won't be using the weekend of Red Glare? We're trying to get a cluster flight together and are looking to borrow. We don't need full motors, just cases -- we have all the internals. We're running a blue EX load in it that has been very proven and flown 3 times in this exact configuration. Obviously, if something happens, your case will be replaced. PM me if you can help out.

Thanks,
Todd Harrison

Check your PMs.

Tom

Just as a heads up guys, I will have a bunch of stuff for sale up there. Going to be doing some inventory this week on stuff and pricing it. Find my dad and you will find good deals. He will be up there Saturday only.

White 2008 F250, go find him!

Ben

Just as a heads up guys, I will have a bunch of stuff for sale up there. Going to be doing some inventory this week on stuff and pricing it. Find my dad and you will find good deals. He will be up there Saturday only.

White 2008 F250, go find him!

Ben
Ben, You have a 75/7600 Motor? I know someone who is looking for one. -G-

Ben, You have a 75/7600 Motor? I know someone who is looking for one. -G-

I believe he contacted me already. That got sold a few months ago. I know some people with them (and the person with mind would be able to) if he needs to borrow.

Ben

I believe he contacted me already. That got sold a few months ago. I know some people with them (and the person with mind would be able to) if he needs to borrow.

Ben

I will be looking to buy an extra large commemorative "Come Back To Rocketry Ben" t-shirt. I want it signed as well!

On the flea-market front.

I'm looking for about 6" of PML 7.5" Body tube. (actually I just need a section about 8" long) - it's for a repair job and I don't really want to buy a whole 48" piece. Alternatively I would consider buying a 24" long section from someone.

Also - I have a shiny brandy new AT 75-6400 case that I would like to barter for a 5120. So if you are looking to get the 6400 new at the launch and want to save around $30, let me know.

Back