RED GLARE 6! APRIL 17-18-19 2009.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packing up kits now... will be taking along the Cold Power Mark II with the Vashon 1 engine and doing demo's all weekend. Anyone curious about cold power make sure and stop by the Dr. Zooch EZ-Up. These motors are pretty rare and really cool (get it?) :rolleyes:

Doh!

getting the trailer and packing up tonight!! Leaving around 6AM tomorrow Should put us up there around 9:30am. Going to be a great weekend!!

Ben

Also I just noticed there is a breakfast at the VFW each morning (for $12 :eek: )

Ben

Unfortunately, between extra time being required at work this week, being unable to get to the launch early enough Saturday, and the uncertain weather forecast for Sunday (winds and cloud cover both questionable, plus the possibility of rain), I'm forced to call off my Level 3 attempt this weekend. It looks like my next opportunity, among the various sites within a few hours of here, is back at MDRA the day after the TARC Finals (I'm on the ground crew), assuming TARC doesn't have to take its rain day.

I'm not happy at all about this, but circumstances have delayed my completing my rocket without making the final steps a rush job.

Have fun, folks.

Thats to bad Tom. Better check with MDRA. They will be at the sod farm and an M there is VERY iffy. Unless you are going 3k feet :)

Great 2 days at RG VI!! Only got 3800 out of my Sandhawk due to drag seperation. No damage and it ready to fly again!!

Ben

WOHO!!! We are back and it was great. Here are a few highlight pictures from the Event. My N2775 Fast Green in the Sandhawk, David Chance's L1300(ish) motor with a .7% copper oxide in tiger tale formula giving a little violet tint. I think its great and I am going to try it and change it just a tad.

Also here is Ed Rowes 4 grain O6000 Wicked White with Element 115 in his Holy Smoke!! :D

And my dad flew his 10" Nike Smoke on a 98m 10k M2100 Wicked White I said
it would go about 4k feet and my dad said the altimer beeped 4002'!!!

And the main event!!! Neils Cow rocket (mooo, moo, mooooo) on a P10,000!!!

Good to see everyone there and it was a great event!

Ben

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

Can anyone tell me how the flight of that styrofoam cup rocket went on Saturday? Unfortunately I had to leave just as that rocket made its way to the RSO table, so anyone have any photos or news of the flight result? If it even flew, that is.

It was truly amazing! I wouldn't have thought that it would hold together for 5 feet, let alone an entire flight, but it flew perfectly. There was so much wind resistance when it came down, the parachute seemed like it wasn't needed. It landed horizontally.

Can anyone tell me how the flight of that styrofoam cup rocket went on Saturday? Unfortunately I had to leave just as that rocket made its way to the RSO table, so anyone have any photos or news of the flight result? If it even flew, that is.

It went something like this.....

:):D

major-decaf-liftoff.jpg

major-decaf-boost1.jpg

major-decaf-burnout.jpg

major-decaf-rear-eject.jpg

major-decaf-chute-deploy.jpg

VERY COOL! Thanks for the pictures. Wish I could have hung around a little longer, but I had a concert to get to.

My wife and two little girls thought this was Saturday's coolest rocket.

SSenesy
Was the Big Daddy you lost purple with a yellow cone ?? Someone walked by me and I asked if he had just found it but I don't think he understood what I was asking. I thought he put it on the lost and found table but when I checked on Sunday it was not there. You might want to check when you back this Saturday. If you can't make it I can check again and bring it back to NJ. If it was yours.

Yes it was. I'll send them an email and see if it was recovered. It was a really nice flight, but those new AT F32T motors took it a bit higher than expected :eek:

Back