Red Flag

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'scuse me?:confused:

Red Flags???

I've had nothing but good experience dealing with them.

sandman

I got some Kevlar thread from them a couple months ago and the sale went perfectly - quick, simple, and efficient.

WW

Originally posted by Stewart32
Anybody had any red flags with Red Arrow Hobbies?

Thanks

I will say this. They have great stuff and decent prices. I think the best way to handle questions is by phone...not e-mail. When you call make sure that you have all the info like username, e-mail address, reall name, item numbers...all that stuff.

If you are bidding on several auctions (if dealing with ebay items) they usually wait until all of your auctions are closed before they contact you.
Hope this helped.

I think the best way to handle questions is by phone...not e-mail.

Oh, yea...that would be the only "Red Flag"

Dave is a great guy and really treats you well but, he's not real computer savvy.

Just call him, he works better that way.

sandman

I get things from him all the time. There is never any Red flags. He has been out of some things a couple time n=but he lets me know right the way. You can not go wrong with ordering from him.

I placed a big order online with them, when I got my 29/40-120 case. I had ordered the case plus about 150 bucks worth of reloads. The next day, what they had in stock had shipped, and what wasn't in stock was already credited back to my credit card. When I called to see what items I was getting, Dave remembered exactly what it was. That was my second time to deal with them, and no problems at all (other than Aerotech out of stocks, which isn't really their fault).

I guess I've had a bit of a red flag dealing with Red Arrow. About 4 months ago, I placed an order for Aerotech SU and Reloads via the website. (An earlier order had gone through with no problems.) After about three weeks and the order not arriving I called and learned that the order had never been shipped because some of the items were not in stock. Then there was a further delay of over a month due to problems that Red Arrow was having with their local post office. (Note that my credit card was charged when I had placed the order nearly two months earlier.) Finally, when the order arrived there were some items not shipped and not on the invoice, plus one item that was on the invoice, but not in the box. The matter took at least three phone calls to straighten out, but in the end, all was resolved very well (I got a credit on the unshipped items, which I spent on additional motors.)

I will order from them again, but only by phone, so I can make sure that all items are in-stock. And I would follow-up with another phone call in a week or so, just to make sure there are no problems in shipping.

George

It's been a while, but I placed several orders with RAH and they did fine by me. I had good email communications, good packing and reasonably fast shipping, and I was very happy with my purchases.

Anyone can have a bad day, or mess up once in a while, so maybe you really have run into a problem with them. But I would be surprised that they would not jump right on it and fix it quick if you got in touch with them and explained.

I had place an order with Red Arrow for an 18/24/29 RMS set.

I am now happy to report that the merchandise arrived after several weeks of (perhaps over eager) anticipation.

How happy am I?

The 18mm is just downright cute (in a derringer kinda way) Curious to see how this one will perform.

The 24mm will be heavily flown as I already have F loads on hand and several "D" sized rockets.

The 29... hmm need a bird for this one. Certainly makes my 24 mm stuff look small. Will probably modify a bagged kit already on the round tuit list...Big Daddy. Suggestions welcome.

Happy flying.

As for Red Arrow...communication was forced, but the wait was not too bad compared to stories of others I have read, about 1 month. Besides, I'm glad to help out AT as a consumer.

I havent ever ordered from them but I know people that have and according to them the customer service wasnt great

From what I'm seeing here, it sounds like people who are ordering Aerotech supplies (either casings or reloads) are having problems, but eventually get their stuff, and everybody else is happy with the service... Maybe the problem isn't just with Red Arrow, but also in the availability of Aerotech merchandise during the past couple years.

WW

Okay I will say this once again.
Communication is an important aspect to customer relations.
If your company has a website that takes orders you had best respond to your customers emails. Plain and simple!!
I have never dealt with RAH but if I did place an order I would expect some kind of communication if my order is going to be delayed or incomplete. Don't leave me wondering whats going on.
A prime example. I ordered a Cert3 chute from Giant Leap.
Cert3 chutes are custom made as they are ordered.
It took about 3 1/2 weeks to get my chut but Giant leap sent me emails twice a week and sent me copies of correspondance they had with Sky Angle. They kept me informed and followed through until I had the chute in my hands.
I will definitly buy from them again based just on the customer service.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Red Arrow is not a great vendor.
I am just saying any vendor that ships mail order should let the customer know whats going on with thier hard earned cash.
OK I get off my box now.

Latest posts

Back