Red Arrow Orders

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues getting their orders from Red Arrow? I've never had issues before. Now I can't get my order and can't get ETA. Dave was ridiculously vague to a direct question. My comfort level just dropped significantly.

What phone number are getting through with? The (269) 405-1219 number just gives me three quick beeps and then nothing.

What phone number are getting through with? The (269) 405-1219 number just gives me three quick beeps and then nothing.

That's the one I called. Talked directly to Dave.

I placed an order with them on 6/26. Half of it arrived on 7/1 and the other half arrived today.

That seems quite reasonable to me.

Sounds very reasonable to me as well. My order is over 2 months old and I've received less than 1/2 of it over a month ago. This is not normal for them. And the phone call I made left me more dissatisfied than I was before calling.

I had a slow delivery and no communication on my last order, but that was (as I found out after the fact) when he was ill. Placed the order end of Feb, received it beginning of April. Emails didn't start being returned until mid/late March.

Hi All,

Feb 6 - Ordered $175 worth of goodies.
Feb 21 - Received about 3/4 of the order.
Feb 22 - Sent them an email and received a response the same day that the items would be shipped ASAP.
March 21 - Sent a reminder, received a response March 23 they they had both been ill, but the items would be shipped ASAP.
May 23 - Sent a reminder, got no response.

Ordered the missing items from Apogee and Amazon, got both orders complete in a week.

Eric O

Maybe this is wake up call to everyone not order from this vendor.

I've had some issues with the quality of some of the models from Sheri's line up which you will find in my threads on the MR and Saturn V with the Saturn V having the lion's share of issues between the tow of them. I had even asked Dave to send me an extra set of instructions as I had lost mine and never got a response from him. Kpotter sent me a brand new set of instructions instead and I'll never forget his thoughtful, generous response. THANK YOU again kpotter! You made my getting back to work on the Saturn V possible! I think I know of someone who can replace the current chief in command at RA. :neener:

Maybe this is wake up call to everyone not order from this vendor.

Yeah, that would be the logical response, but hard to accept sometimes...there are so few vendors, and even with the "difficult" ones (save K&S, I rejoined the hobby too late to order from them), my experiences have been mixed. Some people got shafted by RW, for example, but my orders (3 or 4) had all been very smooth. Same for Red Arrow- have had a little heartburn, but was never left incomplete. If I received (or heard about) consistently poor service, then yes, I advocate for a boycott, but crap happens, and as we all know, these are not millionaires sitting poolside enjoying cocktails and burning $20s to light their cohibas...these are regular Joes trying to support their and our addic...er, hobby.
I also tend to be cheap, though, so I go for the lowest price to stretch my limited hobby budget. If it's a mission-critical part, or if I'm attempting a cert and have a window, I do tend to err on the side of safety, and order from the folks that consistently over-deliver (Apogee, Mad Cow, among others), which commands a higher price.

Yeah, that would be the logical response, but hard to accept sometimes...there are so few vendors, and even with the "difficult" ones (save K&S, I rejoined the hobby too late to order from them), my experiences have been mixed. Some people got shafted by RW, for example, but my orders (3 or 4) had all been very smooth. Same for Red Arrow- have had a little heartburn, but was never left incomplete. If I received (or heard about) consistently poor service, then yes, I advocate for a boycott, but crap happens, and as we all know, these are not millionaires sitting poolside enjoying cocktails and burning $20s to light their cohibas...these are regular Joes trying to support their and our addic...er, hobby.
I also tend to be cheap, though, so I go for the lowest price to stretch my limited hobby budget. If it's a mission-critical part, or if I'm attempting a cert and have a window, I do tend to err on the side of safety, and order from the folks that consistently over-deliver (Apogee, Mad Cow, among others), which commands a higher price.

I feel that being a "regular Joe" does not entitle one to second rate customer service. as he is here to serve us in the end and without us, he's gone. What I find to be difficult to swallow is he's the only one in town who sells these models from Sheri. He's got us by the cajones.

I feel that being a "regular Joe" does not entitle one to second rate customer service. as he is here to serve us in the end and without us, he's gone. What I find to be difficult to swallow is he's the only one in town who sells these models from Sheri. He's got us by the cajones.

Therein lies the rub- quite a few of these are the ONLY shop in town for something, so we don't always have a whole lot of leverage...

Just got through on the phone to Dave on the status of a late February order for Aerotech 18mm through 54mm reloads. He sounded fine and said items were still on backorder according to Ed, who was asked on the spot. I've ordered from Red Arrow before and they always came through. If there is a real hold up on product from Aerotech, then there is no undue concern from this end.

I ordered an Aerotech kit from red arrow on June 2nd. Every e-mail I sent requesting a status was responded to with just a couple of words. No explanations. I hope to receive my order eventually but will NEVER order from Red Arrow again. There are too many other online stores that provide good service.

I had gone directly to Estes and asked them if they could ship me a capsule and tower for their Saturn V and they sent one out for NOTHING! Never forget that kind of service. Tim at Apogee is another great source to order from as his staff excels at customer service! I've even left a testimonial.

You're right he isn't entitled to slack off. Why have a business. Heck I should start a Rocketry business. I'll carry models and get them all retooled.

I had gone directly to Estes and asked them if they could ship me a capsule and tower for their Saturn V and they sent one out for NOTHING! Never forget that kind of service. Tim at Apogee is another great source to order from as his staff excels at customer service! I've even left a testimonial.

I totally agree with you but the complaints that I have with Apogee is on some of his items he actually charges more than suggested retail. I'm not sure why, but I just don't buy those items. Also I think he is ridiculous on his shipping charges. Yes he offers good customer service, but should we have to pay above and beyond? Just saying. Good customer service is always great by it should be given and by providing the service the vendor stays in business.

I totally agree with you but the complaints that I have with Apogee is on some of his items he actually charges more than suggested retail. I'm not sure why, but I just don't buy those items. Also I think he is ridiculous on his shipping charges. Yes he offers good customer service, but should we have to pay above and beyond? Just saying let's say you wanted to buy some card stock for cutting center rings. The come in 8.5 x 11 which can fit in an envelope. Instead hell charge you $8-10 and send in a USPS envelope which doesn't cost that much maybe $5 I guess my point is this. Everything I order from I feel like I'm dealing with a car salesman as always getting taken advantage of.

I totally agree with you but the complaints that I have with Apogee is on some of his items he actually charges more than suggested retail. I'm not sure why, but I just don't buy those items. Also I think he is ridiculous on his shipping charges. Yes he offers good customer service, but should we have to pay above and beyond? Just saying let's say you wanted to buy some card stock for cutting center rings. The come in 8.5 x 11 which can fit in an envelope. Instead hell charge you $8-10 and send in a USPS envelope which doesn't cost that much maybe $5 I guess my point is this. Everything I order from I feel like I'm dealing with a car salesman as always getting taken advantage of.

I will say I won't order engines from him just because of the high prices. I go to AC Supply and get some good prices on both kits and engines. Having said that, I give Tim kudos for the wealth of info he has on his site. Outstanding!

My last order shipped in full, in less than 2 weeks. I think this lead is for very large dealer orders. Here is a photo they posted on facebook.

View attachment 296251
I dont think stock is an issue

That is a pretty picture. Maybe the OP will spot something he's been waitin' on. Full Disclosure: I ordered something from Red Arrow early in my BAR career, around '07 or '08, with no issues. But nothing since then.

Just got through on the phone to Dave on the status of a late February order for Aerotech 18mm through 54mm reloads. He sounded fine and said items were still on backorder according to Ed, who was asked on the spot. I've ordered from Red Arrow before and they always came through. If there is a real hold up on product from Aerotech, then there is no undue concern from this end.

We do not currently have any backorders for Red Arrow Hobbies, might want to ask Ed to double check.

With apologies to the OP, more peanuts from the gallery.

The long and varied history of Red Arrow customer service (starting with a 2003 post): https://www.rocketryforum.com/search.php?searchid=4735643 Some thumbs up, some thumbs down.

Some sort of Aerotech hiccup was mentioned by my favorite motor vendor in this post https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...las-Area-Rocket-Society&p=1598843#post1598843 , which may explain the latest issue. Or may not. :confused2:

The lead time isn't really a hiccup but more a reflection of the growing demand for our products.

The lead time isn't really a hiccup but more a reflection of the growing demand for our products.

Ok, lemme backpeddle just a bit. :blush: The OP never mentioned that he was waiting for Aerotech product. I mentioned the "A" word in this thread based on pyrobob's comment in the DARS thread. Thanks for setting me straight Charlie. Since you've taken the wheel you've been nothing if not responsive and open.
Kruegon, the next time you issue the "No comments from the peanut gallery…" order I'll listen better !

I will say I won't order engines from him just because of the high prices. I go to AC Supply and get some good prices on both kits and engines. Having said that, I give Tim kudos for the wealth of info he has on his site. Outstanding!

I agree the information and his video are outstanding and maybe that's his justification? IDK? He certainly offers a lot to the community but just not sure why things are so pricey. I mean at least keep things at retail. If they were I would buy more. Just my :2:

Back