Red Arrow Nose Cone Assortment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdooley

Reaction score
I searched the Forum last night, found Red Arrow was reccomended for their bulk nose cone assortment.

Red Arrow Ebay store doesn't show a picture of the 25 NC's in their kit.

I was wondering If anybody had a picture or part list and quantity of the RA NC kit.

I am not sure about their nose cones but if it is anything like their tube asst you will love it. You can not go wrong with Red Arrows products.

I kinda wanted to make sure it had the PNC 80K? I believe.
The one for Maxi Alpha, Phoenix, etc...
I need that cone, the rest would just be a nice bonus.

I just didn't want to drop $50 and find out it only has the Fatboy NC that I can buy at Walmart.

Pat,

You can order the PNC-80K direct from Estes relatively cheap, I think it's about 5 bucks a cone or so.

The number is: 1-800-525-7563.

Sandman swears by Christine's help there, I believe her extension is 216, IIRC. If you hurry, you can call and order now!

HTH,
Jason

Originally posted by pdooley
I kinda wanted to make sure it had the PNC 80K? I believe.
The one for Maxi Alpha, Phoenix, etc...
I need that cone, the rest would just be a nice bonus.

I just didn't want to drop $50 and find out it only has the Fatboy NC that I can buy at Walmart.
Wow...amazingly, I'm in need of that exact NC myself! Did a search around the area, locally, and couldn't come up with one.
I'm using it for the rear transition on a scratch-build Bullpup.
Think I'll give Christine a call. ;)

Thanks for the Estes info Jason, that's good to know.
I was hoping the RA kit had the NC so I could justify buying it!:)

I don't suppose Estes has a master list of what they sell? Their website is somewhat limited.

Pdooley,

I have purchased the nose cone assortment from Red Arrow hobbies and was very happy with it. Good assortment of Estes plastic cones, but it did not include the PNC-80K. (i.e. Phoenix, Maxi-Alpha 3, etc.) It did include one PNC-80BB (i.e. Fat Boy) I have seen 2 packs of Estes PNC-80K cones on Ebay from time to time, but I'd go with the suggestion of the folks on this thread and order directly from Estes.

Bill, thanks for the reply. That's what I was looking for.

You saved me some coin, downside is I lost my excuse to buy the NC kit:(

I would still like to see what the assortment looks like.
You gotta a digital camera?????;)

I would still like to see what the assortment looks like.

Baically it's the packages of every plastic nose cone that Estes sell (ya know the bags with 2, 3, 4 or 5 cones hanging on a rack at most hobby shops).

Dave at Red Arrow tried to get the individual cones but Estes said no.

You might want to try the balsa assortment from BMS The AST001 it's 12 cones for $16.45.

Or the big assortment RAST001 of 23 cones for $32.33.

https://www.balsamachining.com/CATALOG.htm

Top odf the page.

Not sure what you get with them.

sandman

OK,
Here is a part list. (sorry, I don't want to open them for a photo and have parts all over the place)

NC-5 (for BT-5) 5 cones
NC-20 (for BT-20) 4 cones
NC-50 5 cones
NC-55 4 cones
NC-56 4 cones
NC-60A 2 cones
NC-80B 1 cone (FatBoy)

Styles vary in the packs.
It's a nice set

As for the BMS assortment of 12 cones, here's what you get:

BNC-5V
BNC-5E
BNC-5S
BNC-5W
BNC-20B
BNC-20R
BNC-20AM
BNC-20Y
BNC-50J
BNC-50K
BNC-50Y
BNC-70AJ

C

Originally posted by sandman
Baically it's the packages of every plastic nose cone that Estes sell (ya know the bags with 2, 3, 4 or 5 cones hanging on a rack at most hobby shops).

You must have some NICE shops around there!

I've NEVER seen any parts for sell, just kits, and not a real good assortment even then.

BUT, we just had a Hobby Lobby open up last month and they have a fairly good selection of kits. I'm making a list while waiting for the rocket sale. :D

Thanks to everyone for the replys.

From the PN's given I was able to check:
https://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/Estes_Nose_Cone_Reference.pdf
to figure out which models use which cone, then Jim Z's site to see pictures.
Kinda tedious cross-referencing everything, but definitely informative.

i was at redarrow last month and comic book guy said they were going to be getting those nose cones from estes you might try them agian

I called Christine at Estes today, she said they have the PNC-80K in stock.
Interesting, you are limited to a max of three.
For some reason she also included a complementary cone, so I am getting 4 total. Sandman was right, she rocks:cool:

So that means I can have 2 different NC's with different weights for flying the Phoenix with 2 or 4 E9's.

Also, can build a Maxi Alpha and Colossus:) :)

Or use one as a tailcone and make a 2.6" V-2!

My favorite rocket!

sandman

Naw, I'd rather have a balsa tailcone.

Oh, I didn't realize when I read it that you were asking me!

V-2 style tail cone for a BT-80 drilled for a BT-50 motor tube would be $14 plus shipping.

sandman

Latest posts

Back