Red Arrow Hobbies Announces Acquisition of Sheris Hot Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsbot

News-o-matic
Reaction score
Dave McVeigh of Red Arrow Hobbies is proud to announce the acquisition of one of the most recognizable names in mid power rocketry, Sheri's Hot Rockets. The deal has been in the works for several months and as of March 25, Red Arrow Hobbies will have official ownership. McVeigh, the owner of Red Arr...

More...

Good move, Dave. These are some premo kits - it's nice to see they will remain available.

Mario

Ban Dave...Ban Dave...Ban Dave.... Oh wait...just a reflex reaction! :rolleyes:

It's a joke.....don't get excited :neener:

Dave's Hot Rockets???? Just doesn't seem right:confused2:

Ban Dave...Ban Dave...Ban Dave.... Oh wait...just a reflex reaction! :rolleyes:

It's a joke.....don't get excited :neener:

Dave's Hot Rockets???? Just doesn't seem right:confused2:

:bangpan:

Jerry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to cut down on the caffeine ! :D

The vision of Dave in a short pink plaid skirt--now that's scary!!! :jaw:

The way its worded, I'm still not exactly sure what it means. Does "acquired" mean that they are now *carrying* Sheri's Hot Rockets or that they now *own* Sheri's Hot Rockets?

He "owns" the business. He will be making and selling the kits himself now. I am not sure if he is going to change the name or what.

-Dave

He "owns" the business. He will be making and selling the kits himself now. I am not sure if he is going to change the name or what.

-Dave

if i was him i'd change the name, the kits speak for themselves, but quite a few people have a knee jerk reaction to the Sheri's hot rockets name

Hopefully he will use a better quality of tubing.

Maybe...he could align with ARR and use Blue Tubes 2.0?! I'd be the first to buy a Mercury Redstone if the kit was of better quality.

First a disclaimer...I am in no way an official spokesperson for Dave at RAH. I just happened to talk to him today so this is just the information I recall him telling me just a few hours ago. I am sure all of you are going to want to know...

First, for the time being he is not going to change the name. Not completely sure if anything will happen with that anytime soon.

Second, he has all the pieces and parts to begin making kits but is going to do some test runs to see if any of the kits need tweaking before selling them. It may be a little while before they are ready for sale.

Dave is a great guy to do business with and once the ball is rolling on these kits are going to be as good or better than they were before. And for the sake of our eyes he is NOT going to pose in any outfits and poses like what Sheri did...but he was thinking about it. *shudder*

-Dave

Congrats and best wishes with the endeavor.

I would like to recommend a facelift for the RAH website.
Being honest, It is not laid out well and for me, doesn't generate interest for return visits.

I won't comment on the same for the SHR site.:eek:

Wm.

Last year, while I was on vacation in Dave's neck of the woods, he shared with me that he's been SHR supplier of tubes, etc. for a while now so this makes sense.

It also ends an era . . . good, bad, or indifferent.

I bought my first AP motor cases from Dave. I ordered them online and picked them up at his store in MI after NARAM 49. He is someone nice to do business with.

I am glad these kits are going to continue to be available.

Greg

Welp...you just had to know someone was going to do this eventually...Oh boy Dave is going to HATE me for doing this but I can't resist.

this is just wrong.JPG

Back