Recovery - Post your Ideas for a Thesis

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caralbur

Reaction score
Hello! I am a last year Aerospace Engineering Student from Spain and I am doing my Final Degree Thesis on the design of my University Rocketry Team's Recovery System with Dual Deployment. We are totally new to the scene and have only been around for 8 months, so we had to start from scratch on this whole HPR world. There seems to be an endless fountain of information just on Recovery, so I promptly fell in love with the study. It doesn't matter much effort I've placed in these past months, I still feel like a complete noob compared to some folks here that have enjoyed HPR for many years, building various rockets in the process. Sadly, Spain does not have a big rocketry scene. Thus, we decided to start our own team.

While doing my research, I found that most papers center around professionally made systems and, more often than not, the HPR hobbie world gets overshadowed by these examples. Therefore, I would like to include clever solutions hobbyist have found or attempted for their recovery system. For example, the Propulse NTNU Team from Norway used a self made device that, through mechanical advantage, cutted the line for the Drogue Chute and enabled the Main Parachute to unfold.

I am attaching the preliminary table of contents for my thesis, so you guys can give your opinion. Of course, I will always ask for permission for using a Team's or someone's content in my study.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Preliminary Index 1.png
    Preliminary Index 1.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Preliminary Index 2.png
    Preliminary Index 2.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 11
Great idea for a Thesis paper.

I recommend adding 'rocket velocity at deployment'. This should include the perfect flight, rocket stays perfectly vertical (zero velocity) verse arcing over. Also the issues of deploying before and after apogee. If the rocket has velocity this puts added stress on the entire recovery system.

Back