Recovery Device Deployment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engincan577

Reaction score
Hi
We are going to join a rocket contest for dual deployment middle altitude category with payload. We need to open first parachute and release payload with payload parachute at apogee and recovery speed must be over 20m/s for rocket until second parachute then second parachute will open at 500m but We can not increase recovery speed for first parachute over 20m/s when We increase diameter of first parachute everything is perfect about recovery system but simulation gave an error for high speed recovery device deployment. Any idea for solution?
Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Attachments

• unfinished.ork
    2.5 KB · Views: 4
Not entirely sure what you are saying, but if the simulation is warning about a high-speed deployment it might not be a problem. It just might mean that the deployment speed is above what the software considers trouble-free. If that is the case and your entire recovery system is designed to deal with such a situation then you should be ok.

Given it is pointing that out it might also go worth checking your system and assumptions.

Looking at the graph, I see no problem. The recovery velocity after the drogue opens is about -20 m/s (negative because it’s downward and upward is positive). When the main chute opens it decreases to about 5 or 6 m/s in the downward direction.

Looking at the graph, I see no problem. The recovery velocity after the drogue opens is about -20 m/s (negative because it’s downward and upward is positive). When the main chute opens it decreases to about 5 or 6 m/s in the downward direction.
In the graph recovery velocity about 18.95m/s

I also see no problems looking at the graph. OR sets max speed at recovering to 20m/s and over that issues a warning. No problem when doing DD and you analyze the graphs for what you expect.

Back