Recovery Beeper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the correct section for this but here goes.

Im looking for plans/schematics to build a small beeper to help locate my rockets after launching. I dont have any large open spaces around my house so sometimes I have to go hunting to find them.

Dan

I also must say the Pratt Hobby's Micro Beacon is WELL worth the £10/about $15! For its size , it's LOUD! I've used mine many of time without failure , just make sure you tape the battery in ;)
-Karl

Thanks everyone for all your help. I just getting back into rocketry, I havent done this in over 12 years but I just got remarried and my two stepsons really want to get into this. I think it will be a great bonding hobby for us and who knows how far we will go with this. Someday I want to launch one of the big boys. So with all that im sure you will see and read a lot from me.

Dan

Originally posted by Dbarrm
Someday I want to launch one of the big boys. So with all that im sure you will see and read a lot from me.

Dan

If you do rockets... this is the place to be...

just have fun and before you know... you'll be one of the" big boys"...!!! LOL

Yep bonding will be excellent in this hobby , It brought me and my dad together a lot closer after a few years of 'dislike' between us!
So whats first on the 'project' list?
-Karl

Yep bonding will be excellent in this hobby , It brought me and my dad together a lot closer after a few years of 'dislike' between us!
So whats first on the 'project' list?
-Karl

The other day the house down the street had a garage sale and my oldest stepson walked down and came back telling me about the rockets he saw there. This is when I learned he and his brother wanted to do this. So I went down and this is what I found.

Estes Nova Payloder
Estes Yankee
Estes Airwalker
Starlight Spike
Starlight F-32 Avenger
Estes Exo-Skell
Estes Venus Probe

I think my younger stepson will like the Exo-Skell and Venus Probe. Its just a basic start but it will let me see how serious they are about this.

Dan

Back