Recommendations for HP staging books/resources

Discussion in 'High Power Rocketry (HPR)' started by JordanT, Feb 1, 2018.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Feb 1, 2018 #1

JordanT

JordanT

JordanT

I'm considering building my first two stage HP this year and would appreciate any recommendations on practical staging assemblies. After searching/browsing for a while here in the forum I think I'm less prepared than I was before I started the reading. I'm not looking for altitude or performance (at this point), just stable, reliable methods for connection, separation, and ignition, along with, ideally, some lessons learned. Online or dead tree versions, either works.

Thanks!

2. Feb 1, 2018 #2

BDB

BDB

BDB

Absent Minded Professor

I'm not aware of any definitive guide online or in print. The best I've found is the plethora of discussions about staging here. I'd love to find an authoritative guide, particularly when it comes to complex and controversial topics like whether or not to use a shunt for the sustainer igniter.

I've been dabbling in MPR electronic staging lately, with the ultimate goal of working up to HPR staging. I've had two failed attempts, as you can see from this thread. But I'm determined to figure this out. If the weather cooperates, I'll take another run at it next weekend. Maybe I'll write a tutorial thread, if I ever manage to pull this off.

3. Feb 1, 2018 #3

Crumb fire

Crumb fire

Crumb fire

This one is helping me right now...

4. Feb 2, 2018 #4

JordanT

JordanT

JordanT

Good thread - I missed that one.