Rebar rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mx774

Reaction score
Does anybody out there know the phone number for Rebar rocketry? I've pre-ordered a few of the new Estes kits back in September 2004 and have emailed rebar sales at least two times, awaiting their reply.

Has anybody pre-ordered the new Estes kits from Rebar and have you received them yet?

Regards,

Jim H.

Their web site says they were due in November, but Estes has not released the SS1 to my knowledge yet. Estes has released some of their new kits tho?

Word is the kits were having a hard time getting into the country - port backup! :eek:

Pat <- trying to wait patiently!

There are Rubicon kits on the shelve at the local Hobbytown, no other X prize kits.

Originally posted by MX774
Does anybody out there know the phone number for Rebar rocketry? I've pre-ordered a few of the new Estes kits back in September 2004 and have emailed rebar sales at least two times, awaiting their reply.

Has anybody pre-ordered the new Estes kits from Rebar and have you received them yet?

Regards,

Jim H.

I've talked with Doug recently. There have been two messages on his web sight mentioning some personal problems that have interrupted business. Suffice it to say that not many people who went through the same things would still be trying to make a go of it. Plus, he lost a hard drive and all that went with it. But that explains why no answers, not why no kits.

His distributor either hasn't gotten them, or gotten them to him, yet. The larger distributors got their first, that's why some places already have them -- particularly chain stores.

And not all are available yet. I was the first to order SS1 from him. Estes won't ship it until January. He was holding my order including other stuff until that arrived. He may have been doing that for others, I don't know.

He's working hard to get caught up and almost is, on both shipping and replies. If you haven't gotten a reply he might have lost your messages. Try again now.

I regret to say that I'm a part of Rebar's slowness. My father passed away last Friday and I had to leave town and go home to the family with 40 kits waiting to go into the shipping box- all intended for Rebar. All Dr. Zooch rocket business is suspended until Monday Dec. 13. Doug will have his order shipped by me on that date. Speaking for Dr. Zooch rockets- I ask that you folks please hold your concern- as all of the Rebar orders for my kits WILL be filled. Thanks also, in advance, for your sympathy toward our loss. Dad loved rockets, and loved my kits- now I'll be able to work harder at making even cooler stuff... I justcan't get started until Monday.

Wes

Wes, take care of family, we can wait. Your family is gone far too soon. But us? You're stuck with us forever! :p

I also have talked to Doug and he has gone through some problems. Like Dynasoar said he has not got any kits from his supplier. When I talked to him a couple days ago he said his supplier did not have any of them. He has always done what he has asid he was going to do. It is just with most of the venders this is a part time job and when problems come along it really puts us in a bind with our business. Give doug a break he will make good on anything that you have ordered.

Tom

Originally posted by Dr.Zooch
I regret to say that I'm a part of Rebar's slowness. My father passed away last Friday and I had to leave town and go home to the family with 40 kits waiting to go into the shipping box- all intended for Rebar. All Dr. Zooch rocket business is suspended until Monday Dec. 13. Doug will have his order shipped by me on that date. Speaking for Dr. Zooch rockets- I ask that you folks please hold your concern- as all of the Rebar orders for my kits WILL be filled. Thanks also, in advance, for your sympathy toward our loss. Dad loved rockets, and loved my kits- now I'll be able to work harder at making even cooler stuff... I justcan't get started until Monday.

Wes

I wasn't going to go into details, but since you did.....

Doug said he could have given up on the Dr. Zooch models, but refused to. He decided to stick it out. Despite his own problems, he stuck by his supplier through his.

This is the second such incident is as many months of one rocketry business sticking by and helping out another. I think that speaks very highly of the quality of people involved in the hobby and business. I for one am following their lead and sticking by them.

i'd stick it out for another week or two, to see if the excuses actually add up. i agree that its a pain, but when you have no control over your suppliers, its kindof hard to guarantee shipping. cut some slack man.

To settle this question, I'm going to step out and say that BeRocketScience is *NOT* bswan72 of BRS. We know who it is and are discussing the appropriate action to take. This action will *NOT* include public exposure of the party involved, however. I was going to leave the post and the replies, but now these will be pulled since it's clear that the criticism was posted under a false name.

Rocket Al, if you would care to repost your support of Rebar, you are welcome to do so.

Yes it's me. I've been laying low lately while some things were being "looked into". To all the people who have stood by me through this, I appreciate it. Hopefully now a lot of this erroneous crap on the net about me will stop.

And to Brian, I'm sorry that your good name got dragged into this, but now that it's over, I'll say that Brian hasn't done anything bad toward me. He, like so many in this industry, is too busy minding his own business (and doing a good job at it) to worry about someone else's.

I'm proud to say that my business is getting back up to speed again. If anyone here has emailed me lately and not gotten a reply, do so again. With the mountain of SPAM I have to wade through, I know I have probably missed some.

The newest batch of Zooch rockets was scheduled to be shipped to me today, so they should be in your hands before Christmas:) The last thing Wes said to me was that we're going to knock 'em dead in 2005. He has some good stuff coming up. Like me, he's been through some tuff stuff lately, but I will say that his was a lot rougher than mine, and my sympathies go out to him.

On the Estes stuff, I thought that I was going to be one of the first to get the new models, but it didn't work out that way. The last word I had was that they (not including Spaceshipone and Oracle) were going to be shipped to me this week.

Other than all the rest of the crap I've been through, everything's just dandy :D

Just my 2 ¢:

I pre-ordered some Dr Zooch kits from Rebar... they took some time to arrive due to backorders, and the issues Rebar has faced.

To make a long story short: I received the kits, and am very pleased. It just took a little time and patience.

Phred

At 10:06 am, Tuesday, Dec. 14, as I was reading this string, the FedEx Ground truck pulled up and took the box with Rebar's next batch of 40 rocket kits. They are on the way.

Wes

I wold also like to say, I ordered from Rebar two Dr. Zooch kits. He was up front about the delay and it did take a while but the kits are well worth it in the end.

Kudos to both for the great kits.

Scott

Glad to see that stuff is starting back on the upswing. Got my set of Saturns from Rebar a while back. Checked them all out, but haven't had a chance to build any yet. That seems to be a problem... have the money to buy, but not the kind of time to build. One thing I must say, though, is that I truly enjoy the fact that most of the stuff I buy are the smaller manufacturer's kits that actually require that you actively participate in turning out a nice model, such as the those manufactured by Dr Zooch, The Launch Pad, Thrustline, Fliskits, Semroc, et al. A minimal number are the Estes kits, and even those are the "real" kits, like the re-issued Maxi Honest John, V2. Keep up the good work, gentlemen, and I'll keep a-buying. I think I have 4 big Rubbermaid bins full of kits to put together downstairs, so as soon as I finish unpacking in this frozen wasteland I moved to, I'll have something to keep me busy this winter :D

FWIW
Hey, my order arrived today in just about one week, even as all these 'problems' have been going on with Rebar-- I am extremely satisfied with service, price, selection, and communication.

A first class operation in my book!

Back