really high flier

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1dermon

Reaction score
i want an impressive rocket for next years huge launch in NY. i was thinking of a big rocket like the warlock, but i actually checked out a company named cosmodome(sp?) (cosmodrome or cosmodome?) and they have a kit named the aerobee hi, 2 stage 29mm. and i'd just LOVE to throw an H238 to a G80 in that bad larry. first things first, i need to know how high this bird will go, second, what electronics should i use to stage? this will be my first HPR staged rocket, and i'd also like to dual deploy with it. the H238 is DEFINATELY not recommended, but i'd also like to know if that would shred it off the pad, and if glassing is a must with that motor config. thanks guys.

For the staging electronics I like the PerfectFlite MT3G timer. Works great. Use Cesaroni motors they will light with an e-match. This set up will be very dependable. Also, keep the staging electronics in the sustainer, not in the booster. Your interstage coupler will need to be bullet proof. The most common failure in two stagers is buckling. I suggest glassing the inside of the coupler for much added strength.

QuickBurst

i want to use an H238 for a BERZERK takeoff, and then a G80 sustainer, or maybe a G40. dont know yet. thanks for the electronics suggestion. assuming this thing weighs 27oz(i think its around that) do you think i could get away without dual deploy? because im not sure about the space inside the rocket actually being able to hold all these electronics.

An H238? IMHO, much reinforcement needed. I've seen how fast a 2 or 3 inch rocket can go on an H220, now you see it now you don't. An H238 for a dual stage, 27oz rocket? I say CF.

yeah maybe.....i'll have to see how durable it is when i actually get it. i'll probably trial run it on G's and F's before i try anything that nutty.

Wanna go into orbit?

Consider the PML MiniBBX with the Terrier Booster.

Not high enough? PML Quantum Leap.

A

A

good idea man, oh wait....do you have 200 bucks to donate? i've looked at the quantum leap, and i've seen launches with it where up to 700 dollars of equpment was loaded on the pad. im going for cheap and easy, yet impressive. 2 29mm motors arent NEARLY as expensive as 2 38's, or a 54 and a 38. lol. its a pretty large difference.

Back