Real concerned

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee55

Reaction score
Ok I started on the mini mean machine, ran into this problem on the engine block, it's in kinda crooked but if anyone can see the pic I think it should be ok to fly and everything works out right.

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_152311.jpg
    IMG_20200803_152311.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 66
Not ideal, but if one side of the ring is pushing up against the top of the motor hook you're probably OK, particularly for 13mm motors.

How did you insert the block? Normally, if you use something like a spent motor to push it in until you hit the hook, it'll go in exactly straight.

As long as you can still get an engine to fit in the mount, it should be fine. Once you have confirmed an engine can fit, then just add a little bit more glue to the top of the thrust ring, it should have no problem holding a 13mm motor.

Because of very tight tolerances of centering rings like this, I have learned to dry fit parts before adding glue. If I can’t get the parts in place easily, then I sand them down a little until it slides in without resistance. Then I am ready to glue the part in place.

Another idea. Leave the 13mm mount mount out all together and simply slide in an 18mm thrust ring. Then you can fly it on 18mm motors or uses the estes 13 to 18 adapter and fly on 13mm motors. Mine flys great on A8-3's and really gets going on a B6-6.

Back