RC OT Glider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Hi...

Somebody mentioned in the chat room about a RC OT glider that they built... I thought about doing that... but I had a couple questions... Does it fly well? Good enough for a novice RC pilot? My GreatPlanes spirit is trashed... so I am looking for an new RC project... and I want to learn some flying skills before I build and finish my Phoenix.....

I am going on a new tangent here, so I end it here. Tell me what you guys think :)

The Doug

Doug,

DO IT!!

Ya might have to go pretty big on the upscale to give enough room inside for all the R/C stuff.

Maybe a 2.6" body tube for the booster that, comes to 47.95" long without the nose cone!

With a G40-4.

Orbiter comes out to about 2.03" in diameter. A 2.0" BT should work close enough! That would be a BT-70.

GO, man go!

That's gonna be a LOT of lumber!

sandman

I agree, go for it. My father used to do RC planes when I was little, and did I love watching them fly around. I think you should give it a shot, because not only do you get to build the whole thing and say it is your creation, you get to have a flight that will last longer than a normal rocket launch, and this means more fun!

Back