RC Boost Glider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I either suggest check out JimZ site or just look for a pic of a T-25 Centaurian. They are the same RC RG just a different paint scheme.

Here is a shot from Stine's Handbook of Model Rocketry. Originally we launched it on D11-P's. Got maybe 100-150' and some very anxious moments! My father is NOT a rocketeer, flies R/C planes, and built it probably on the heavy side. Later we got reloadable RMS-RC 24/20-40 system and flew it on E12-RCJ motor and got good height 600-800' boosts. Then my father got COCKY and tried AEROBATICS!!!!:eek: NOSE-DIVED into ground!!!:( Nothing left but PIECES!!! Has rebuilt it since then( a miracle, really) but have not flown it since. I have the LAUNCHING PAD and CONTROLS under MY control now!!!!;)

In March I watched Robert Edmonds (Edmonds Areospace Kits) fly a stock "Arcie-II" RC/BG on a estes E9 to about 600' in a stiff 15 -18 mph breeze, totally hands free launch. he had a bit of trouble getting it to come down in the wind but is was a very impressive flight! Can't wait to get mine in the air on a D12-3, heres a pic.

Originally posted by Micromister
In March I watched Robert Edmonds (Edmonds Areospace Kits) fly a stock "Arcie-II" RC/BG on a estes E9 to about 600' in a stiff 15 -18 mph breeze, totally hands free launch. he had a bit of trouble getting it to come down in the wind but is was a very impressive flight! Can't wait to get mine in the air on a D12-3, heres a pic.

See my homepage for some videos of the prototypes back in February.

Back