Raven 3 Featherweight Interface Program

Discussion in 'Rocketry Electronics and Software' started by kavel_r, Jul 12, 2018.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Jul 12, 2018 #1

kavel_r

kavel_r

kavel_r

I'm trying to connect a Raven 3 altimeter to my computer, but the program freezes every time on "Checking status of altimeter on Port COM7... Connecting to altimeter on COM7...".

upload_2018-7-12_15-7-36.png

It recognizes that there is an altimeter plugged in, but it can't connect for some reason. Anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

2. Jul 12, 2018 #2

timbucktoo

timbucktoo

timbucktoo

Well-Known Member Staff Member Global Mod

Dumb question but did you do "Altimeter Connect" & select "Raven"?
    raven.jpg

3. Jul 12, 2018 #3

kavel_r

kavel_r

kavel_r

Yep, that's what brings up the screenshot I posted. Also, another problem - now the altimeter itself won't turn on when I plug the battery into the power perch (and yes, it is charged)...

4. Jul 12, 2018 #4

kavel_r

kavel_r

kavel_r

Ok I figured out that the altimeter wasn't turning on because I didn't wait long enough after turning it off.

The program, though, is still having the same problem connecting to the altimeter.

5. Jul 18, 2018 #5

kjs

kjs

kjs

Generally all it takes is starting FIP, then plug in the altimeter (powered up) and it will pop up in FIP with the new COM port shown and then you can connect. It sounds like you are doing that?

I'm traveling right now so not in a good position right now to look at the code to see what it might be waiting for in your case. I'll be back in the US on the 24th if you are still having problems then.

Can I ask what the serial number is?

thanks!