Range Duty Volunteers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdutch

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I see we have a lot of Flyers planning on coming to URRF 2 this year. So far they have been posting some very interesting rockets for all to see.
But I'm sorry to say that although the URRF 2 has had the Range Duty Sign up page posted for several weeks now, I see a serious lack of participation in helping URRG run this great event for everyone.
Mainly, in what I feel is three of the most important jobs out there, Safety Check, Safety Check Assistant, and Range Boss.
If you look you will see that I have signed up for a Safety Check position on each of the three days of the event. But I would like to fly some rockets too, that will be hard to do if no one else signs up to help with these positions. So if you have registered to fly, please sign up for a Range Duty shift so all of the rest us can fly too.
If you are not sure what to do there is a description of all the positions at the bottom of the page. Along with a description of a special raffle for JUST the Volunteers

So I hope to see the Range Duty page start to fill up so everyone, flyers and spectators alike, can enjoy this premier Upstate Research Rocketry Festival.

I should also mention...
This year at URRF we really want to Motivate our Guests to help with range duties, we just cant run the range for 3 days without help. So there will be a special Raffle with TOP Notch prizes at the END of EACH day for those who help. (you need not be in attendance to get your prize) You will notice each shift with the exception of HP pad manager is a 2 hour shift, EACH Shift will earn you a raffle ticket. The HP pad manager is a tough job and a VERY Important one, those shifts will be 1 hour long.

Question - except for the fact the LPR pad manager must be a member of Tripoli, I see no other restrictions for organization membership or cert level for the different jobs
I assume someone who has no cert level couldn't run the safety check, or am I wrong? (per my wife I often am... :wink:)

what about age limit?? I would volunteer but I doubt I can because I am only 15.

Safety check requires an L2 That is about it as far as my little brain can think of. Did you find something??

pad managers need to be an adult... In AGE :)

Last edited:
Ok I will look into that:)

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Question - except for the fact the LPR pad manager must be a member of Tripoli, I see no other restrictions for organization membership or cert level for the different jobs.

Les,
The reason you need to be a Tripoli member for Low Power pad manager is so you can help the non Tripoli children, you know the ones under 17.
You could also help with LCO Assistant or LCO spotter. You could also help with High Power Pad Manager since the main think you need to know is how to manipulate the pad, an easy thing to do, and make sure the rail angles and directions won't allow the rockets to fly over the crowd.
Good luck and hope to see you on the list somewhere.

Latest posts

Back