Range box suggestions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid I had this:

291599-a1886106e8b2ec7ba27031be09653c7e.jpg

Since I got back into things a couple years ago I dropped about $40 on a multi-level tool box from Lowe's:
View attachment 374746

The snap top fits small ignitors and electronic devices.
View attachment 374747

The upper tray holds a variety of commonly-used tools.
View attachment 374748

The big lower part of the box holds all my motor casings and paperwork and such:View attachment 374749

My box looks super similar to this. So far I can mostly avoid a whole truck by dropping this in a bike trailer and hitting up the local schoolyard

Is there any code NAR, Tripoli, or otherwise that restricts launch controller being integrated into a range box? I built one last year and have yet to see anything stating otherwise.

Is there any code NAR, Tripoli, or otherwise that restricts launch controller being integrated into a range box? I built one last year and have yet to see anything stating otherwise.
I am not aware of any SC prohibition of integrating LC into range box. I do not think it would be convenient for me, but that's just me.

I have added a wire brush to clean off the alligator clips. The get pretty gunky after a few launches.

My daughter came through and bought me the box I posted on the first page. The bottom holds HPR motors and MPR motors. That top clear lid section holds all the LPR motors i've been finding at Hobby Lobby really cheap. i'm very happy with my choice.
ar7hhVp.jpg

I have a Plano 737 It hold most everything I need. The top is filled with a wide variety of things from band aids to 13mm motors. Inside the top bay is the launch pad and other larger items. The top drawer has assorted tools from rulers to screw drivers, hobby knives and other small tools mostly for low power needs. The middle drawer has mostly mid power cases and adapters. The third drawer has all the motors. These drawers have dividers so As in one slot Bs in the next and so on. The side bay keeps mid power motors. I really like this box, If you only use one box it would be my favorite

Back