Range Box and Stands

AlexBruccoleri

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All, Does anyone have a good recommendation for a range box? A tool box or fishing box would be fine and I have used a variety over the years. I am just looking for other options and I enjoy seeing what the folks here use.

Also where can I buy stands to hold rockets horizontally? I have largely used my own solutions and happy to purchase something slick if available. This is for MPR/HPR rockets.

Thanks, Alex

hobie1dog

Subaholic
Reaction score
these are popular
6CBD7zc.jpg

Adam3836

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
these are nice cause they detach and all come together like this I have two out of the 3 of these
Plenty of space

Attachments

• 48A1D5B0-59EB-40E7-8D52-E34E4967ED69.jpeg
    48A1D5B0-59EB-40E7-8D52-E34E4967ED69.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I use large plastic tool boxes from Home Depot. I have looked at things like in the above post. I haven't found one big enough that isn't more than I want to pay. I made my stands out of pvc and used pipe protectors for padding. The protectors are to help your pipes not freeze.

BDB

Absent Minded Professor
Reaction score
these are nice cause they detach and all come together like this I have two out of the 3 of these
Plenty of space
This is what I use and I really like it. It holds everything that I need except long cases—but I usually have those pre-loaded in my rockets before I go to a launch. I love the looks of the Milwaukee toolboxes like these, and they look pretty durable, but for the money, this Husky set is pretty good.

lakeroadster

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I fly LP/MPR and have two range boxes. One is just a plastic tool box (not a fishing tackle box) the other is just for motors and is a DEWALT Tool Organizer, TSTAK Expansion (DWST17805).

I store all my rockets vertically, using stands I made to support them via their motor mounts.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

DWST17805 Photo 1.jpg DWST17805 Photo 2.jpg

Lifting Rocket 001.JPG Lifting Rocket 001A.JPG

X-Wing 000.JPG X-Wing 001.JPG

Last edited:

goose_in_co

Reaction score
I typically don't take pictures of my range box, but I found a couple. The box is a standard plastic toolbox that I found at K-Mart, long, long ago. The bottom holds the 12V Gel Cell for the launcher, launch controller, and remote start button and wire. The pull-out tray is where the clothespins, talcum powder, clip whips, pliers, emery board, and all other miscellaneous items are stored. the top has two flip open compartments that I use for storing motors, plugs, and igniters/starters. It has served me well for about 25 years now. I keep the main stash of motors and parachutes in other boxes at home, and prep the rockets before I go to a launch. The range box has everything for another flight or two on the rockets that I bring.

LL16 002_CROP.jpg

IMG_6708.JPG

Actually, just about anything with a handle will work.

Goose

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I use a large tackle box, and a tool box, and a cardboard box, and another tool box, and an underbed storage container for the motor tubes, and another container for the reloads, and a couple ammo cans. I could consolidate, but I've been using all of this so long, each container has it's place in the bed of the truck and I know exactly where everything is.