Rail Buttons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketboyz

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy rail buttons in larger quantities (1 piece not the 3 piece unit). www.Railbuttons.com never has any #1000 units and Matt is not responding to emails.

I always go to Mcmaster Carr and order nylon washers and spacers,
you can get enough to make 100 buttons with 8/32 screws for a few dollars.

Never had one fail.

Never had one fail.

I ordered a few rail buttons from a vendor and it does say on the description that they are "3 piece" meaning two washers and a spacer slide down over the screw. You mention here you have had good luck with these ? One piece makes more sense to me. Not sure why the 3 piece ones dont sit well with me, I have never used them ?

I've used tons of Matt's buttons and love them. Being 3 part doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect and it's been mused that they may help in some situations. Being old, I forget what those are. The 3 parters are nylon vs. delrin and will wear more. Off my clean rail, I've never seen wear. Off of a cruddy one, you may see some wear. I've never replaced one except for the ones that pulled out of styrofoam bodies. This all doesn't matter if Matt is out or won't reply. Luckily I have a bunch in assorted colors.

We have 1 piece and 3 Piece styles!
See our web site.

Look under Lugs / Buttons on our site to list out all we have.

Never had one fail.

What sizes of washers and spacers do you use to make rail buttons? I'm going to be needing some for a 1" rail.

I would take a look at what Tim and Steve have. I mean, why not? I'll bet that they would make great stocking stuffers. :hohoho:

MarkII

Back