• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Radio Tracking Equipment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worsaer

Amateur Propulsionist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have accumulated more tracking equipment than I can reasonably use.

My preference is to sell the following items as a single lot - I am much more willing to negotiate for selling and shipping everything to one person.
If the lot doesn't sell in one week, I will update the post to include individual prices. (No dibs on individual items until the individual prices are listed, please.)

Most of these items were purchased second hand, with the exception of the new style BRB GPS, which only has one flight on it. You must be a licensed Ham to purchase the radio equipment. I will do my best to answer your questions.

Price: $650 incl, shipping, payment via PayPal preferred - Offers must be received via PM.

Here's the list, and some photos:

• Kenwood TH-D7(G), Includes battery, charging base and earpiece.
  • Garmin 60CSx GPS Includes data cable for Kenwood, and (2) USB cables.
  • BRB GPS 70cm 16mw (older version) SMA antenna, USB adapter, w/o battery
  • BRB GPS 70cm 16mw (newer version) SMA antenna, onboard USB, w/o battery
  • BRB BeeLine Transmitter w/o battery
  • Arrow 3 element 70cm antenna model 440-3, w/ cable
  • Arrow fox hunt loop
  • Arrow RDF attenuator w/ BNC to SMA adapter for Kenwood radio

IMG_1216a_zpslnnltevu.jpg

IMG_1211a_zps1jx9zyms.jpg

IMG_1214a_zpsq0a0pily.jpg

IMG_1201a_zpsagmodqfa.jpg

IMG_1198a_zpsvkly1yu1.jpg

IMG_1200a_zpsp5qqci7z.jpg

IMG_1199a_zpsq2zsocv2.jpg

IMG_1202a_zpsupml7sdi.jpg

Last edited:
Holee cow folks, that is quite a deal. If one has a valid callsign, Bill has a great turnkey setup there. I already have the exact setup except for a 7 element yagi and an electronic attenuator instead of an arrow.

One question is does the D7A(g) still function well? I have two where the receive oscillator has gone out of spec and they are deaf on 70cm now. One block range. Just not worth fixing anymore. If yours still works good that's great.

Kurt

Hey Kurt, thanks for asking - I recall you earlier mentioning you had a D7a(g) go south on you.

This one still receives and transmits on spec - no problems. ( I have another hand held radio that I also use, so I have something to compare to.)

Hey Kurt, thanks for asking - I recall you earlier mentioning you had a D7a(g) go south on you.

This one still receives and transmits on spec - no problems. ( I have another hand held radio that I also use, so I have something to compare to.)

Great. Hope you make the sale. I have to point out that for Beeline GPS trackers, with that 60CsX in hand one will get a position on the map of the rocket waypoint of which the 60CsX can continually compute a course solution to the rocket
in real time. Just hit "Navigate to" while the rocket is on the pad and as long as packets come in, the CsX will lead one to their rocket. If the signal is lost, the last known position remains on the device and when a new position comes in, BAM!
One will get right to the final resting place. One can also scroll to the HSI (Heading Situation Indicator) screen for heading info and scroll back to the map as many times as they want.

Also, if one doesn't want to pay for Garmin maps, Open Source Maps for Garmin GPS devices can be had here: https://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

The database for restaurants, gas stations, hotels, stores etc. is NOT as extensive as a paid Garmin subscription but the maps are very good. If just wanting to track rockets they are perfectly acceptable.

Again a turnkey setup, no laptop, no tablet or cellphone, smart or otherwise needed for tracking on a map. No fumbling with inputting lat/long from one device to another and screwing it up. I've used this for 8 years with my Beeline APRS stuff
so if one has a Ham license, you'll save a ton of $$$$ with this setup. Kurt

Back