radio flyer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
No, not the wagon from your youth.

Has anyone heard of this? I saw several used at AIRfest, it uses a ham radio handheld transceiver attached to some kind of circuit board to deploy your chutes. Just hit the button on your end of the link, and pop.

Where can one purchase one of these?

There was a detailed article in the April 2000 HPR mag. It included schematics and parts lists. I'll PM you the author's email. At the time he'd sell blank PC boards, kits, or assembled units.

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
No, not the wagon from your youth.

Has anyone heard of this? I saw several used at AIRfest, it uses a ham radio handheld transceiver attached to some kind of circuit board to deploy your chutes. Just hit the button on your end of the link, and pop.

Where can one purchase one of these?

Are you talking of the Radio Fire?

https://www.aeroconsystems.com/electronics/radiofire.htm

Originally posted by DynaSoar
Now what I need is a way to use this to open a valve on a gas bottle for a non-pyro ejection.
All you need for that is a servo. This device just plugs in where a servo normally would and fires an e-match instead of rotating a servo arm. So you don't use this to open a valve, you use a servo INSTEAD of this to open a valve.

Back