Radial taper of fins in Open Rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarYellow

Basket of deployables.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The next sim I want to put together involves the Estes 009752 - Pro Series II™ E2X® Booster. The fins are tapered radially, considerably thicker at the root and quite thin at the tips. Is there a way to represent that in OR that I didn't see when I was crawling around the fin dialogue?

The next sim I want to put together involves the Estes 009752 - Pro Series II™ E2X® Booster. The fins are tapered radially, considerably thicker at the root and quite thin at the tips. Is there a way to represent that in OR that I didn't see when I was crawling around the fin dialogue?
There is no mechanic for a tapered fin other than on the leading and trailing edge, I have had some experience approximating the taper by using an average thickness (the sims on the rockets in question were all within 7-10% of the actual flights), I am not saying it is a proper workaround but in my limited experience it was pretty close.

Latest posts

Back