R2D2 on Loki J820

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrobe99999

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to share my latest accomplishment. I converted a 1/2 scale R2D2 garbage can to a flying model. He needed lots of nose weight to achieve stability and weighed in at 18lbs. I made lexan fins and bolted them to the bottom CR with brackets. The motor goes all the way into the NC and serves as the coupler. An altimeter blows off his head at apogee. The head and body come down on their own chutes. He had a sucessful flight on a Loki J820 to 795'.

r2d21.JPG

r3d22.JPG

r2d27.jpg

Awesome is all I got to say. Good work on that R2D2.

Alexander Solis

Level 1 - Mariah 54 - CTI-I100 Red Lightning Longburn - 6,345 Feet

Recovery descent was a bit fast with a damaged fin bracket upon landing. I will repair and us bigger chutes next time.r2d25.JPG

Attachments

• r2d23.JPG
    r2d23.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 87
I want to convert a coke bottle display to a rocket . Just need to find one . Think it would be cool ,get Mark to do the wrap so it looks like a full glass bottle

I want to convert a coke bottle display to a rocket . Just need to find one . Think it would be cool ,get Mark to do the wrap so it looks like a full glass bottle

I should have known I wasn't the only guy with that wish.

Very nice man, very nice. That pic of the Loki smoke plume looks crazy powerful.

I should have known I wasn't the only guy with that wish.
There is a bottle display out side of a convenients store . I have been trying to get . It could have removable fins and we could send it back and*forth .

Back