R.I.P. Roy Green

SecondRow

Reaction score
This is very sad. I know he was a major contributor to the SOAR club. Prayers for his family.
Indeed, he was a member of the Board and wholly responsible for the SoAR website looking as good as it does. He was also a vast repository on the history of model rocketry as can be seen from his posts on TRF and YORF as @RoyAtl. He will be missed.

May his memory be a blessing.

Trident

Retired, plenty of kits
Reaction score
Indeed, he was a member of the Board and wholly responsible for the SoAR website looking as good as it does. He was also a vast repository on the history of model rocketry as can be seen from his posts on TRF and YORF as @RoyAtl. He will be missed.

May his memory be a blessing.
Very sad to hear the news. I had followed Roy’s postings and had a number of exchanges with. He was a great source of model rocketry knowledge. I am glad I had the opportunity to meet Roy. It was at NARAM-2018, in Pueblo.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I met Roy at a couple of NARAMs. Super nice guy. Sorry to hear of this.

Gus

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear this. Such a wonderful guy and such a valued member of our rocketry community. Rest in peace, Roy.

Steve

Initiator001

Reaction score
I met Roy at one of the first NARAMs I attended.

He was a great guy and we would often tell stories to eash other.

I once got Roy in some hot water with Bill Stine concerning a review Roy did of the MRC Concept II products BIll designed. Roy's review in his local NAR section news letter was not overly positive about the product line. I told Bill about Roy's review and Bill had words with Roy.
rolleyes.gif

Roy and I were fellow Canon EOS-20D camera owners and would discuss camera techniques.

The last time I say Roy was at NARAM-60. We were both in the same Estes tour group.
I took a funny picture of him in the lobby of the main Estes building.

He was a good soul and I will miss him.

Roy Green NARAM-60.jpg

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I met Roy shortly before NARAM 33. Saw his upscale Alpha and even took a picture of it with Roy and Vern. Unfortunately, that photo is lost.

I'll miss Roy. Great guy and hella avid rocket enthusiast!

samb

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I never met Roy but he was a big presence in our little community. He will be missed. RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

Initiator001

Reaction score
I met Roy shortly before NARAM 33. Saw his upscale Alpha and even took a picture of it with Roy and Vern. Unfortunately, that photo is lost.

I'll miss Roy. Great guy and hella avid rocket enthusiast!
I was at NARAM-33 also.

Here is a picture of Roy with his Mega Alpha at the NARAM-33 hotel. As I recall he flew it on an RMS I211 motor.

NARAM-33 Roy with Mega Alpha.jpg

VonManstein

Reaction score
I met Roy at one of the first NARAMs I attended.

He was a great guy and we would often tell stories to eash other.

I once got Roy in some hot water with Bill Stine concerning a review Roy did of the MRC Concept II products BIll designed. Roy's review in his local NAR section news letter was not overly positive about the product line. I told Bill about Roy's review and Bill had words with Roy.
rolleyes.gif

Roy and I were fellow Canon EOS-20D camera owners and would discuss camera techniques.

The last time I say Roy was at NARAM-60. We were both in the same Estes tour group.
I took a funny picture of him in the lobby of the main Estes building.

He was a good soul and I will miss him.

View attachment 548224
This is the same guy from the picture below?