R-DAS V5

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Just buy a few G-Wiz LCX's
2. Just buy a few Raven 3's
3. Keep your ARTS2's running
4. Get your HAM and buy a Telemetrum?

I do love my R-DAS units, but I'm currently enamored of TeleMetrum. They have a few quirks ("idle mode" particularly), but I like that they are using good quality components and providing telemetry in the same package. At this point, AED has some work to do to catch up.

We'll see what my opinion is in August when I fly two TeleMetrums in the (2-stage) Aerobee and a TeleGPS in the Defender MKIII. (The Aerobee sustainer also has an R-DAS.)

Having the development team split over two continents is not beneficial in the final debugging process. For those of you waiting for the R-DAS V5.0 - hang in there.

Jeroen.

I am patiently waiting! :)

However, I notice the website seems to be down now. :( I needed to download the manuals to try and troubleshoot my inability to download GPS data (keeps retrying, then finally fails).

-Rich

I asked Dr. J about this @ LDRS... he said they are very, very close, but no commitment on when...

Nice to know it is still in the works, thanks for the update Jim!

BTW, any prediction when the GPS and telemetry addons will be available for the RRC3?

-Rich

Nice to know it is still in the works, thanks for the update Jim!

BTW, any prediction when the GPS and telemetry addons will be available for the RRC3?

-Rich

First, please excuse my reply in the RDAS thread:

Second, Soon... Still loads to complete for add-on support (app, modem/Bluetooth), but the core electronics are almost ready for beta test and are autonomous.

Latest update here:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?126340-Missile-Works-RTx&p=1478899#post1478899

Please, please, please!!!!

6953.jpg

Back