R-DAS support software

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Roberts

Reaction score
Does anyone have the latest computer software and firmware for the AED R-DAS altimeters? I have older R-DAS Classic and Compact altimeters but the software was on my old computer which is long gone. I want to check the configuration of the altimeters and install the latest firmware on them. I have tried the AED website but it appears that the company is out of business.

Thanks to John or Jeroen for posting the software and firmware files. Unfortunately, I can't download the software file to my computer. Can you help?
Thanks, Mark

Does anyone have the latest computer software and firmware for the AED R-DAS altimeters? I have older R-DAS Classic and Compact altimeters but the software was on my old computer which is long gone. I want to check the configuration of the altimeters and install the latest firmware on them. I have tried the AED website but it appears that the company is out of business.
As always, the Wayback Machine has you covered. (Noodle around till you find a capture date you are happy with.)

go to OCT18 2006 capture which seems to be the last capture and includes the v37 firmware. And all the other info you might need.
That is not their most recent URL. The capture link I posted is from 2016 and has V4.2 of the UI for the RDAS Tiny and such. Plus 3.7 for us users of older stuff.

That is not their most recent URL. The capture link I posted is from 2016 and has V4.2 of the UI for the RDAS Tiny and such. Plus 3.7 for us users of older stuff.
That will help someone looking at this thread in the future. The original poster said he has the Classic and Compact, so 3.7 is what he needs.

Here's a website with excellent info on the RDAS:
http://www.ukrocketman.com/rocketry/rdas.shtml
Just be aware whatever you select it comes up at the bottom of the list which may be below the bottom of your currently visible screen so you have to scroll down after you select as there may be no indication anything has happened after you select...

Just be aware whatever you select it comes up at the bottom of the list which may be below the bottom of your currently visible screen so you have to scroll down after you select as there may be no indication anything has happened after you select...
That website works fine for me. Maybe you should try turning your computer upside down, being in the land downunder. ;-)

Thanks folks. I managed to get the files downloaded and uploaded to my R-DAS Compact. Now on to the R-DAS Classic. I appreciate all the help from this forum!

Back