R/C Saab J-35 Draken Rocket glider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, last flight definitely won the “closest to the pad” award!

Almost choked on my Diet Dr.Pepper.

Svedish countdown was cool.

Nice flights, what were the winds? Looks like on last flight just barely keeping position heading upwind.

Reminds me of a glider flight as a cadet in the 80s. Instructor and I were flying during cadet lunch marching formation, we basically “parked” the glider with a headwind and updraft north of the cadet area and watched 4000 cadets march to lunch. Was a really weird feeling sitting essentially still in the air looking down on that.

Winds were 9-10 gusting to 13. I like flying in the wind. Last flight I was head on getting close to the videographer so jogged a bit and misjudged my distance to the rail, no damage though.

Nice flights, what were the winds? Looks like on last flight just barely keeping position heading upwind.

Reminds me of a glider flight as a cadet in the 80s. Instructor and I were flying during cadet lunch marching formation, we basically “parked” the glider with a headwind and updraft north of the cadet area and watched 4000 cadets march to lunch. Was a really weird feeling sitting essentially still in the air looking down on that.

I did a quick youtube "how to count in swedish" tutorial on the way to the field, it was either that or sing the swedish chef song from the muppet show:)

Frank

Hmmm bork bork bork!

QUOTE="BABAR, post: 2000898, member: 8312"]
I look forward to your next video with “pickled herring” baited breath!
[/QUOTE]

What engine did you use? It seemed like a very long burn. Do you use the controls to help keep it straight on launch?

24mm aerotech E-6 7 second burn, and yes I'm always controlling it, not a lot but in this case steering downwind and rolling into the wind at the top and pitching level at burnout, clicking in my glide trim

What engine did you use? It seemed like a very long burn. Do you use the controls to help keep it straight on launch?

Back