R/C F-14 Tomcat

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This one turned out really well at a 19 inch wingspan 2.6 inch diameter 31 inch length, 10 oz ready to fly with 24 mm E6 motor and RC gear on board. I looked at the trade-offs of trying to do a swing-wing but at this size and wingspan it just wasn't a win in terms of weight and I also wanted to make it into a kit and it's much simpler stronger and lighter this way.

IMG_20200422_152402570-2048x1157.jpgIMG_20200422_162657712.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work as always!

So, how much for one? And how much to get custom (display only) intakes for magnetic application and removal (I'll supply the magnets)?

Looks sharp! Is this one of your kits with relatively more surface area than some of your others, so longer flights? (Although on YouTube some of your other builds come up, couldn’t believe how long a flight you got on the Interceptor! I was impressed you could get that to glide at ALL.)

This actually has a smaller wing but is the lightest I've done so its a wash, it's now a kit as of Wednesday. The interceptor has an enlarged wing but still has the look, I love that glider.

Looks sharp! Is this one of your kits with relatively more surface area than some of your others, so longer flights? (Although on YouTube some of your other builds come up, couldn’t believe how long a flight you got on the Interceptor! I was impressed you could get that to glide at ALL.)

I just saw this and then I saw your other jet from March 24th and thought WHOA!!!! Very cool. Some day I wanna do THAT. Nice job!

Kit is listed on my site, refer to that for price but I'm not shipping overseas any more. For a couple of bucks I can include two extra side plates and a bottom strip of foam and you can build your own intake tunnels.

Beautiful work as always!

So, how much for one? And how much to get custom (display only) intakes for magnetic application and removal (I'll supply the magnets)?

Kit is listed on my site, refer to that for price but I'm not shipping overseas any more. For a couple of bucks I can include two extra side plates and a bottom strip of foam and you can build your own intake tunnels.

Cool! Thanks!

My Tomcat model will have the tail markings of a VF-31 Tomcatter "Bombcat" My cat "Tommy" is also a "Bombcat" since he likes to do late night Bomb runs in our bathtub and leave a nice steaming 500 pound penetrator, sometimes dumping fuel as well, then put in afterburner, and go literally "feet wet" and egress the bathtub at mach 2 and head back to the boat. He looks so innocent. Reminds me of the Phantom Shitter from Flight of the Intruder.421765389_1445888806047758_8886416024153914185_n.jpg14.jpg

Last edited:
Shipping has added a whole new 4 dimensions to design (length, width, height, and weight), namely how small and light the packed shipping box is.

Just got a king size bed frame, box about 39x12x8, solid steel. Not sure the weight, but it was clearly designed not only to be a great bed frame (so far pretty happy, reasonably easy to assemble, and seems solid as a rock) but also designed intended to fit into a pretty small box.

Back