R/C C17

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketsNorth

Reaction score
One of the guys from work sent me this :eyepop:

Man these guys are super builders!

[YOUTUBE]zUyR0eezwns[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not much into RC aircraft but that was impressive and seems like a major accomplishment to me.

Thanks for the vid.

I agree guys but i wonder if you could rig it to do a LAPES extraction :)
Cheers
fred

I agree guys but i wonder if you could rig it to do a LAPES extraction :)
Cheers
fred

I've been in the back of a C-17 during LAPES of a 25K platform during the test program... Helluva ride :D

I've been in the back of a C-17 during LAPES of a 25K platform during the test program... Helluva ride :D

I saw a herc throw something out the back and it disintegrated :) I believe it started out as a jeep of some kind :)
Cheers
Fred

I saw a herc throw something out the back and it disintegrated :) I believe it started out as a jeep of some kind :)
Cheers
Fred

I think that happens a lot in the real world when you can't control the extraction zone, one good bump/rock/rut/turtle, whatever can catch the platform. :y: Never saw that happen during test, but we had a nice smooth dry lakebed to use, and we won't even talk about releasing the load too early... :p

I think that happens a lot in the real world when you can't control the extraction zone, one good bump/rock/rut/turtle, whatever can catch the platform. :y: Never saw that happen during test, but we had a nice smooth dry lakebed to use, and we won't even talk about releasing the load too early... :p

I think you're right:) They were talking about airbourne recce when I was in and the idea i guess was to lapes our vehicles and drop us by chute, The vehicle drop was supposed to demo the concept. Did not inspire me to volunteer at all :) Like all honest god fearing troopers I wanted a tank not a bag of laundry strapped to my back and the family truck to run around in but I digress :)
Cheers
fred

How does he get that to the field? I'd be too afraid to fly it, after all that work and effort!

How does he get that to the field? I'd be too afraid to fly it, after all that work and effort!

Good point the wings must come off and I bet a trailer is involved :) How ya doing Troy:)
Cheers
fred

I know what you mean. Our Design-Build-Fly group just finished up our prototype last week and flew last Sunday. Four months of design and labor by a build team of 12 people. Two of us had R/C flying experience in the group, so we flipped a coin for flying it and I won. I was nervous the entire time, but at some point you realize that it would be a sin to let something built to fly sit in a "hangar" somewhere, so it flies and you hope that you didn't forget a screw somewhere.

The same thing goes for the 100+ hour scale models you see at NARAM. At some point, you just need to press the button and hope you did everything right.

Back