Quote? What is your favorite quote?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“I would have lots of fights if I had a nother feller to fight ‘em for me. But since I got to do my own fightin, I try not to have no trouble.” - Woody Guthrie

View attachment 566224
Something, something, Roman consuls had to personally lead the army, something, something.

"Crash programs fail because they are based on the idea that, with nine women pregnant, you can get a baby in a month."

-Wernher von Braun

"Today the dreams of the best sons of mankind have come true. The assault on space has begun."

-Sergei Korolev, after the launch of Sputnik

This was just in the Boeing electronic newsletter "Innovation Quarterly". It is from the retiring Chief Engineer at Boeing, Greg Hyslop. It is something that needs to be kept in mind both in full scale aerospace (including at Boeing!) and even in our smaller endeavors here. [emphasis added]

"The digital transformation underway and the complex models that will support it will provide an even greater ability to conduct trades and optimize solutions earlier in the product development life cycle. The challenge will be the precision of answers versus the accuracy of those answers. The digital transformation will never replace good engineering judgment."

Great quote from the Boeing guy. Mainly an expanded version of the one in my signature.

FYI the "digital twin" concept is fantastic and will be a great tool in the future as it evolves.

Great quote from the Boeing guy. Mainly an expanded version of the one in my signature.
Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely organize so as to withstand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

“Fast car? If what the neighborhood kids are saying is true it’s faster than your momma and that’s really fast!”

Last edited:
“In my opinion, no two automobiles can occupy the same space at the same time. Although this has been tried over and over, many many times, it has brought considerable damage to the automobiles—sometimes making them completely unfit for use.”
- Woody Guthrie

329581785_3307385959523051_8595626186436701296_n.jpg

Not very politically correct, but appropriate:

"Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics."

I'll leave off finishing up the entire quote.

"You cannot pass. I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow!

"When she's smoking she's cooking. When she's burnt she's done."

"I may be lost, but I'm making record time."

"You're not catching any fish because your not holding your mouth right."

My Father

"I know that since you are now 15, your Dad is pretty dumb. I guarantee you that when you are 25 he will be much smarter."

My Father's hunting partner

Last edited:
I'm pure as the driven slush.
---- Tallulah Bankhead

Maybe ain't ain't correct, but I notice a lot of folks who ain't using ain't, ain't eating.
----- Will Rogers, during the Great Depression

When you sit with a pretty girl for two hours you think it’s only a minute, but when you sit on a hot stove for a minute you think it’s two hours. That’s relativity.
---- Albert Einstein (questionable)

Last edited:
Back