Quote? What is your favorite quote?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak." - Winston Churchill

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda

“Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself.” - Mark Twain

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretsky

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” - Albert Einstein

“Two things are infinite: the universe and stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

“If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.” - Mark Twain

“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. “ -
Ellen Parr

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been the minding of my own business."

-Calvin Coolidge

Very underrated president.
An oft told joke is that a woman was at a White House reception and remarked to President Coolidge (AKA "Silent Cal"):
"Oh, Mr. President, I have a bet with my neighbor that I can get you to say more than two words in a conversation".
Pres. Coolidge:
"You lose".

One more favorite:
"Failure is not an option".
Often attributed to Gene Kranz but actually a paraphrase of Kranzs' words by Apollo 13 screenwriter Bill Broyles.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.”

J. Robert Oppenheimer

"Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak." - Winston Churchill

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda

“Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself.” - Mark Twain

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretsky

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” - Albert Einstein

“Two things are infinite: the universe and stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

“If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.” - Mark Twain

“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. “ -
Ellen Parr
The quote about the newspapers is actually Thomas Jefferson

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been the minding of my own business."

-Calvin Coolidge

Very underrated president.
Also known for saying, in response to criticism that he was a "do nothing" president, "America wanted nothing done, so I done it."

Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.
John Wesley

Back