Quick Question- Will they fit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

marvSRG

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2011
Messages
900
Reaction score
0
I don't think it will, but I don't have enough 38mm tubes to see, so does anyone know if 3-38mm's will fit in a 3" airframe?

Thanx
 

DynaSoar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
3,022
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by marvSRG
I don't think it will, but I don't have enough 38mm tubes to see, so does anyone know if 3-38mm's will fit in a 3" airframe?

Thanx
No. A triad of 38mm's have a combined radius of 1 11/16", and that's not yet accounting for wall thicknesses.
 

Ryan S.

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
3,553
Reaction score
0
you could slot the tubes though and that would let them sit out a little bit and you could fit tthem then
 

solrules

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Ryan S.
you could slot the tubes though and that would let them sit out a little bit and you could fit tthem then
Wouldn't that make the 38mm motors not fit then? Or do you mean the body tube?
 

marvSRG

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2011
Messages
900
Reaction score
0
Ahh... what I figured. I'll just have to work around that, then:)

Thanx!
 

Ryan S.

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
3,553
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by solrules
Wouldn't that make the 38mm motors not fit then? Or do you mean the body tube?
no the body tube, so the body isnt a perfect circle, it kina has 3 small bumps
 

solrules

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Ahh. I see now. Sort of like half-boosters. It would make for a pretty cool looking design, though.
 

Elapid

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
0
i gotta tri that (again!)
(TriAgain, get it?)
lol!
 
Top