Quick question. Razor saw?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkmilion

Reaction score
I afraid I'm not familiar with this tool. The razor saw that is. What is it? Where do I get one and approximate cost.
If anyway one is curious to know: I need it for the Estes Blurzz 24mm Mod.
I encourage any input.

you can find them in hobby/craft type stores .it's basically a small saw blade that mounts in an exacto type handle...should be less than $10

X-acto makes a razor saw blade that fits some of their larger handles. Another company, Zona, makes a number of different sized individual razor saws. I really like the Zonas.

I am with Ken, I have been using the Zona saws for many years and really like them...The deeper ones are very handy and cut through wood and even G10 very easily. Her is a pic, showing from left to right a Large Zona, Small Zona and Exacto Saw...all three work well but each has their place.

<a target="_blank" href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/zona.jpg">Hobby Saws</a>

Carl

My favorite is the Atlas Snap Saw.

You find it in the model railroad department at your hobby shop.

It's designed to cut brass and nickle-silver railroad rails. It has a very thin blade and very fine teeth, perfect for making smooth cuts in ply or crossgain balsa.

sandman

Back