Quick Question about "E"'s

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman35

Reaction score
Was at H/L and noticed they were selling the estes launch controller for their E motors. Do the E motors require more power to ignite or will you standard electron beam controller work just fine??

The Estes E motors use the same igniters as their A, B, C, and D motors. Consequently, the standard electron beam launch controller works just fine.

The reason they sell an E control is because it has 30 feet of cable, which is required by the NAR safety code for E and up. I would just use an Ebeam with 15ft extra wire.

if i made a 3 cluster rocket (bigger bertha) and put 3 c's which would equil a d and a half do you think i need more than the 15 feet of wire? or could i just lenthen the cord with some copper wire?

I like to be as far from the pad as possible. Not for safety reasons, but cause the flight just looks better. At 15 feet, no matter how low the flight, it's a neck snapper, and hard to track. My new launch system puts me at 40 feet low, and 55 feet for mid power. Still pretty close, but much better views. I had a single pad relay controller that used 100 ft of phone cable between the boxes (I gutted it and used the relay in my new system). That was some good flight viewing.

Back