Quick and easy rocket rack

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoVictor

Reaction score
After looking through many threads and seeing a lot of your guys' really nice assembled rocket storage, I've always wanted to get my stuff organized. I wanted to do something that stores the rockets vertically, but I never really took the time to make something. Well, a little messing around at Home Depot the other day, and I had an idea....

Combine one part masonite peg board (1' x 4');
100_2015.jpg

some common drywall screws;
100_2021.jpg

some 1/2" dowels, cut to various lengths (and pre-drilled);
100_2016.jpg

and a bunch of your old, spent motor casings;
100_2017.jpg

Jam the spent motors onto the dowel rods;
100_2018.jpg

feed a screw through one side of the pegboard, with the dowels on the other;
100_2020.jpg

And Bingo! Easy rocket rack!
100_2022.jpg

Full up with some goodies.....
100_2023.jpg

$6 bought me a 2' x 4' sheet of pegboard (the other half of which will be rack #2). Two 36" long 1/2" dowels at a buck a piece made the one rack (I had a bunch of drywall screws laying around already). So, for about $10-14, you can make yourself two of these!

Later,
EV

I actually began a thread on rocket displays last week with little response. This is a good idea but I have larger rockets I want to display. One reply that was posted also used a peg board. See picture from TWRackers. Thanks TW!

View attachment TWRackers.bmp

I've got to get my rockets organised, and this looks a nice simple and cheap method of doing it, thanks for sharing.

Awesome that's way easier than what I was planing with drilling into 2x4's I think I'll use your idea! Thanks for some great thinking! Still how do you mount a deuce?

Back