Questions about LOC motor adapters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanup

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has used these and how well they work.

I'm looking at their 54 to 29 and 54 to 38 adapters. What are they made of and how do they work or better yet does anyone have a picture of them?

Do they have some type of thrust ring on them or do i have to build one up with masking tape...?

thanks

I use them often and
they have worked well for me
they do have a thrust ring,and are made of HD kraft
I think epoxy is the best choice for asembling them

pictured from left to right

Loc 54/38
Loc 38/29
Aerotech 29/24

Mine are the old style without the thrust ring, even with a masking tape thrust ring, mine has held up to several I435Ts :) That's gotta count for something. Actually, yesterday, I just built up a boat tail on one of my 54-38mm adapters for an upcoming flight. Looks pretty, and now I'll be trying out a tape thrust ring with a J570W!

If you use the thrust ring make sure you secure it well (ask Doug about that ;)) some people screw it in, I used masking tape though

I wasnt worrying but I didnt think it would have the strength to sustain an O motor.

There is a video of that flight on AMWs homepage, very cool flight

wow I am amazed just masking tape would hold in a motor that big :eek:

Theyr good. I have a 29/38 adaptor. Very nice. I like it. The PML version is made of all Phenolic tubes, and is pre-assebled. I dont know if that makes a difference to you or not. The LOC one is just as strong, and a bit cheaper, so I reccomend it.

If you use the Aeropack Motor Retainer I would recommend the Aeropack Motor Adapter. They are more expensive but work great. I also have the LOC adapters and for the price you cannot beat them.

Originally posted by Ryan S.
If you use the thrust ring make sure you secure it well (ask Doug about that ;))

Hey! My Magnum heard that! ... What happened there was the thrust ring of the adapter let go... and the results was not pretty...

Wreckage.jpg

Back