Question on Red Max versions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an authentic build kit. Too lazy to bust out the scanner, so hope these pics will do for now.
The 2007 Re-Release had the white decals, but plain orange parachute, Face Card has "Trader Card".
The next release, white decals omitted, and instructions lost the German-Bonics lingo due to some Libtard and PC culture offensiveness.
Updated release, white decals back, and face card changed again.
DSC05514.JPG DSC05515.JPG DSC05517.JPG DSC05518.JPG DSC05519.JPG DSC05520.JPG DSC05521.JPG DSC05522.JPG DSC05524.JPG DSC05526.JPG

Original scans of the Early DRM instructions is available online.
Here are photos of the Big Der Red Max.DSC05534.JPG DSC05535.JPG DSC05536.JPG DSC05537.JPG DSC05538.JPG

Awesome!!! Now I've got some dates to check with my vendors... And I finally have confirmation on the hand and footprints being included again too.

THANKS!!!

On the Der Big Red Max, according to some catalog images I've seen from the time, it looks like it eventually started shipping with the blow molded nosecone. I'd love to find a scan of those instructions.

I wish I could score a (couple of) "Motorverkens" decal(s) for my DBRMII build. I could use one for my booster, and a possible 2nd for the sustainer. I'm not planning on sticking with the aft launch lug placement, so a 2nd decal would allow all three sections between the fins to have that decal.

Go to AC Supply, and buy a couple, or 3 or 4...their price is $11.99, with free shipping at $100.00
When you consider the cost of reproduction decals....just buying a kit, you get the decals for less then the price of repops, and the rest are essentially, free spare parts. The Parachute is cool (install it upside down, so you can see the design on the descent) Buy some engines (40% off at AC Supply).
https://www.acsupplyco.com/estes/der_red_max.htm
Takes some figuring out, how to navigate the website, add qty in the right column, then add to cart at the bottom. Left side option will bring you to other categories (engines, etc). And go to the PSII, to get the big pack of wadding for $5.99 (225 sheets)
https://www.acsupplyco.com/estes/beta.htm
Here are some of my Der Red Maxes....Maxie? With more in the build queue.DSC05541.JPG

While working on some decal installs, I noticed another difference between the original decals, and the current version. The "Der RED MAX" decals on the originals, the skull attached to the script, but on the re-released version, a separate decal. The re-released also has a "TM" logo, whereas the original does not have the TM. Also....small cross on the "R"....on the original decal, the cross is CLEAR...but it is WHITE on the Re-Release.

Good News....just noticed the latest revision of the decals, (which include the white nose cone decals) that the Cross on the "Der Red Max" is clear. Earlier versions were white, but now they are clear......matches the original design.

Back